Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

pet friendly hotels - Santander -Valladolid-Madrid route

pet friendly hotels - Santander -Valladolid-Madrid route

Postby Julie8710 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:18 am

hi i posted a while back about pet friendly hotels on the route from the ferry to quesada.
i was given a suggestion of a hotel but it is on the valencia route and we plan to go Santander -Valladolid-Madrid-Albacete-Alicante.
does anyone have a suggestion of a hotel around 4hrs or a bt more from santader on the way to quesada which doesnt take you too much of your route.
i dont want to risk not booking one as we will have the kids with us and our ferry gets in about 17.30 on saturday so a 4-5hr drive away from santander on theSantander -Valladolid-Madrid-Albacete-Alicante route would be fantastic.
Julie8710

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: pet friendly hotels - Santander -Valladolid-Madrid route

Postby Laura » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:01 pm

We drive a lot between UK and Spain with our dogs but never normally stay in the same place, we like to try different towns either on the way to the channel tunnel or Santander ferry. We use an app or website called booking.com which has a filter to say 'pet friendly'

Might be worth using google maps or via Michelin to work out roughly where you would like to stay for driving time then look for hotels in that area using booking.com we have always found a hotel like that even while on route because we might not know how long we want to drive. 3G travelling through Spain and France is excellent on the motorways, much better than the UK.

Laura
Laura
Picture contest entrant
Picture contest entrant

Postby Julie8710 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:08 am

Brilliant laura thanks. I have now downloaded the app and it looks great. I had been checking the mitchellin website but could only see 5 hotels on the whole route and none of them in a good place to stop distance wise for us but the app has heaps of them. So thanks again
Julie8710

Postby DianeD » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:43 am

We are hoping to move over in September and bringing our 2.5 year olds Lab. Can't decide between Eurotunnel and drive with overnight stay or ferry to Santander. Would be grateful for any comments and advice on either please. On the ferry, can dogs stay in regular cabins with you or do they have to go in kennels? Thanks
DianeD

Postby Julie8710 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:12 pm

We did the ferry and had a pet friendly cabin. The crossing was great so would definitely recommend the ferry. The drive from santander to quesada was about 10hrs the roads were good and open and clear and we used the app to find a hotel and it all worked perfectly. I have heard the channel tunnel is good too but there are a lot of tolls. Our only toll was 3.50 euro.
Julie8710

Postby RogerB » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:32 am

And ear in mind that the current mess at the Chunnel may cause problems for God Knows how long :) We came via Santander with the cat ... lovely trip, although she was not impressed!
RogerB

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby themiddletons » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:55 am

we often using the ferry from santander, we like the pont aven best. not taken a pet but people we have met who were doing seemed very happy with the way things work. Food good on the ship and staff very pleasent. They have whale watch experts sometimes, we saw whales and dolphins earlier in the year. One important thing,right now they are getting very booked up, we decided to check up because we thought they might be given the problems in france and sure enough some sailing were full well in advance. We just booked for 2 of sept, we are also members which we find has saved us money. If you do travel with Brittany ferries but are not joining there club email me for our discount number which gives you 10% off.
themiddletons

Which part of Spain are you from?: murcia

Postby Botanist » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:53 am

I can recommend a really good pet- friendly hotel 99 Kms north of Madrid - the Hotel Mirasierra. It is just off the motorway at junction 99, signposted to Santo Tome del Puerto. You can see it from the motorway.
The hotel is spotless and newly refurbished, the gardens are peaceful, the rooms are large - all en-suite, the beds are comfortable, the food is good, service is exceptional and the Proprietor is friendly and English speaking. Parking is secure and shaded.
Just take a look at the Trip Advisor reports and book directly with the hotel or through booking.com Rooms are approximately £45. Breakfast 7 euros if booked in advance, 9 euros if not.
Botanist