Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Advice on Bank charges and transfer charges please?

Advice on Bank charges and transfer charges please?

Postby Shiva » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:05 pm

I will be seeking to open a bank account next week as am planning to buy a property. Have read that some banks can have extortionate charges on transfers in/out as well as for preparing a bank draft.

Would be moving funds in euros . Any advice on good/bad experiencess of banks - eg which to avoid ? WIll be asking details about charges when opening the account but as there are a lot of banks to choose from, should some be steered clear of? Have been in the Banco Popular in Quesda a few times to pay money in to someone's account and they seemed friendly and helpful ... any experience of the Banco Popular?

How far can charges ( eg on bank drafts) be negotiated?

Thanks for any input here
Shiva

Re: Bank charges

Postby RobC » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:21 pm

Take a look at this link
http://www.currenciesdirect.com/en/es/p ... -en-espana
We used Currencies Direct and Holabank/La Caixa recently
Rob
RobC

Which part of Spain are you from?: Norwch/Lpool/Quesada

Postby Bottlebrook » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi
We are in a similar position to you and also with Banco Sabadell. We have been told by the bank that we can make online payments (they call it National Transfers) up to 50,000 Euros without charge. We have already paid the 10% deposit on exchange of contracts and it went smoothly without charge. When we pay the remainder upon completion, we plan to make several payments to stay below the 50k threshold.
We used UKforex to make the transfer from the UK and we negotiated a fantastic rate with them.
Hope all goes well!
Bottlebrook

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby mancityfan » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:20 am

I`ve been with Banco Popular since I moved here and always found them friendly and helpful. I can`t remember how much it cost to transfer the funds but I don`t think it was extortionate.
Unfortunately I think Josê and Oscar have moved on, they were particularly helpful.

Of course if you are of OAP age there are no day to day bank charges.
mancityfan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby marcliff » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:49 am

mancityfan wrote:I`ve been with Banco Popular since I moved here and always found them friendly and helpful. I can`t remember how much it cost to transfer the funds but I don`t think it was extortionate.
Unfortunately I think Josê and Oscar have moved on, they were particularly helpful.

Of course if you are of OAP age there are no day to day bank charges.

The bit in bold. That only applies if you have a regular pension paid into your account and does not depend on your age.
Also paying a regular income in over a certain amount means you don't get bank charges either, regardless of age.

I have made online transfers from my bank in UK to Bankia but haven't incurred any charges by the recieving bank. UK bank, however, charged £20 and the daily limit is £10,000. Lower amounts were charged at £10 by UK bank as I found out when I transferred money over to buy a car some years ago. So £30 by UK bank for £15,000 transfer (in two payments) and nothing by Bankia.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Shiva » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:33 am

Thanks to all for yr comments. Have gone with La Caixa, manager Sven very helpful. Have been told theres an upper limit of 200 euros on special services like bank draft which is acceptable (was not willing to go on a percentage basis Etc) of course there are monthly charges but I pay these on uk accounts too so if service in return is good that's ok.Fingers crossed all continues smoothly.
Shiva

Re: Advice on Bank charges and transfer charges please?

Postby Shiva » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:42 am

Oh and also meant to sayhave been able to transfer money into account in batches and no transfer charges
Shiva

Postby Jan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:10 am

Shiva wrote:Thanks to all for yr comments. Have gone with La Caixa, manager Sven very helpful. Have been told theres an upper limit of 200 euros on special services like bank draft which is acceptable (was not willing to go on a percentage basis Etc) of course there are monthly charges but I pay these on uk accounts too so if service in return is good that's ok.Fingers crossed all continues smoothly.

:text-thankyouyellow:

Thanks for the feedback.

Good to hear - Hope all goes well for you.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Re: Advice on Bank charges and transfer charges please?

Postby Phil_pjb » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:47 pm

Personally I used Paula from Sabadell in Quesada, and Bianca Mendez was the solicitor. Efficiency beyond comparison with Bianca, amazing communications, let me know if anyone wants further details
Phil_pjb

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada