Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Which bank??

Which bank??

Postby Dawnandrob » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:49 pm

Hi all. I pick my nie number up tomorrow and would like to open an account. I am looking to keep just a few hundred in to pay direct debits. So looking for a bank that does not charge for the account. Have heard bankia does this but not sure. Any advice will be greatly appriciated. Many thanks. Dawn
Dawnandrob

Re: Which bank??

Postby marcliff » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:20 pm

All banks in Spain charge for non-resident accounts. Bankia only gives free banking for residents who pay a certain amount in to the account every month in the form of salary or pension, it used to be at least 700 euro a month but I believe it's gone up.
There are several previous discussions on this matter (which you can access lower down the page on this subject) and you'll see some banks charge more than others but all will make charges.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Dawnandrob » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:54 pm

Thank you very much marcliff I will have a look about and read up. Cheers
Dawnandrob

Postby DianeD » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:03 am

I'm in a similar situation but don't have any Spanish bills to pay as I pay my landlord using Transferwise. Is there a benefit to having an account or would I be better off just using The ATM to draw cash? :text-thankyouyellow:
DianeD

Postby Dannyboy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi Dawnandrob, I don't know if this BBVA account would be the type of thing you're looking for. I posted this before but the old link seems to have changed:

https://www.bbva.es/eng/bancapersonal/c ... /index.jsp

Seems to be a fully online account without charges/fees but I am unsure of all the intricacies of the account.

Please please whatever you do - do not open an account with BMN in Guardamar Del Segura. I'm happy in the knowledge that I will never have to encounter such incompetence with another organisation as there are surely no banks out there capable of outdoing their disgraceful levels of service.
Dannyboy

Postby Kean » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:56 pm

We would thoroughly recommend Sabadell which used to be called Solbank in Que Sada next to Santander, we have been with them for 11 years and always found the staff very helpful and speak excellent English. Have heard not very good reports about BBVA from friends.
Kean

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar