Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Does Postman in Spain deliver Saturdays?

Re: Does Postman in Spain deliver Saturdays?

Postby Jan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:44 am

Simon&Sue wrote:Hi we also have not recieved any post since owning our Villa (New build Activa just off Lemon Tree Road) We purchased the Villa in April 15 and have not recieved a single piece of post during this time. We have also sent ourselves letters to the adress. I would like to know if there is anything i can do. Do we need to register our Adress with anyone?
There must be a rather large mountain of unsent post somewhere!

When we first moved into our newly built holiday house, all our our resident neighbours used a post box address in Doña Pepa (The Post Box shop near the Gama Jumerca supermarket) for all their personal mail. We also have a set of post boxes at the end of our road where the utility bills etc were collected but the bills are all on-line now and the boxes are hardly used. I thought using the Post Box shop at Doña Pepa wold be a temporary thing for our neighbours but after 11 years they are still paying for boxes there!
You could do something like that for now,until your address is somehow established with the postal authorities.

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Dawnandrob » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:48 am

I've been here two weeks, and have had loads of post. My problem was finding the post box. The estate agent didn't know, so got intouch with the owner who told me that there were the boxes next to the communal pool.
Dawnandrob

Postby Chrissieb » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:50 pm

:text-lol: Bwahahahahahaha... this post makes me feel right at home! It sounds just like South Africa! Some places get mail some of the time, some never, not even to the post box at the Post Office!
Hence most things in SA are done via e-mail, which I actually prefer. All my accounts etc were on e-mail, thus eliminating the piles of paper that I have gathered since I got to Europe!

Although I must admit I am really impressed with the mail delivery in Germany and the UK... I'm amazed that people still use this service every day! And it's so quick!

So I guess in Spain I will be using a post office box again...
And the adventure continues... :-)
Chrissieb

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Postby loners » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:38 pm

Yes postman on scooter,,every day except Saturdays, he even knows me now so if I am in the car,on the street ,I stop and ask him if he has any post,,and he knows my number, before I tell him,but I suppose it has taken him 10yrs,,,lol.
loners

Which part of Spain are you from?: cuidad Quesada

Postby serena conybeare » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:41 pm

Finally received my parcel. Only took 3 weeks!!!
serena conybeare

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo bravo

Postby Roy Dainty » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:58 pm

As a follow on to my post of 2nd November, miracles do happen. Today we received 3 items of post; our very first delivery. Hooray! Just hope that this problem is now fully resolved.
Roy Dainty

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby freddo » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Saturday post has just started in Elche area might be just for run up to xmas
freddo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Partida Daimes Elche

Postby grichn » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:48 pm

You have to bear in mind that the postmen are only Agents of Correos - not directly employed. If they want to deliver-or not, then that's your problem! I live in Crevillent and I give 2 gifts a year to my postie and, surprisingly, I have outstanding service because nobody else appreciates him. A lesson for us all...........

However, during fiesta he is dead to the world..............

Richard
grichn

Which part of Spain are you from?: crevillent

Postby walnut » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:57 am

Agree with grichn,post delivers in Spain are self employed,they turn up for work when they want,I.e.if they have another job to do they go to the other job.We have had no post in 8 years at marquesa golf? Nor ever seen a postie.
walnut

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:23 pm

We have post lady deliver most days from the Quesada main branch. Never had a delivery on Saturday.

Problem with post office / courier / deliveries in general - is that many of the constructors never bothered to deal with the postal service / registary, so many people have addresses which are not officially recognised - hence the post office ends up keeping them for people to collect. Spain is terrible for that. Or it certainly is in the expat areas where the building got a little out of hand..

Another example of complete lack of organisation........Our office has 2 post codes as no one can seem to agree which is right - one for couriers, one for post office and the post lady tells me to put in the wrong postcode deliberately as it goes to Quesada rather than Almoradi (where we are nearer), so she can deliver - it would appear only a few people within these organisations have a clue what is going on. Couriers usually get confused, apart from the ones that know us already.

We service a community in Villamartin, the developer named all 6 streets the same, so who only knows how they get anything delivered..Worrying - even more worrying is that someone so stupid / lazy as to name every road the same, was responsible for building the same houses......
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

PreviousNext