Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Does Postman in Spain deliver Saturdays?

Re: Does Postman in Spain deliver Saturdays?

Postby Janjan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:48 pm

When building work starts everybody is given a plot no for their properties which change when they are finished. Causes such a lot of problems with post, water meters, Electric etc. You might have seen some Villas with 2 numbers on their gate posts. That's why. We lived at 22. Plot no was 20 and water meter 26. A nightmare to get the right bills. Thank Goodness payments are by Direct Debit but are they read correctly. Who know?
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby dingbat » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:37 am

Hi there,

Our post lady is exceptionally good. She has followed me off her route to pull up where I have parked, opened my passenger door to put a couple of parcels & a letter in. Other times she uses the intercom on our apartment block & then comes up in the lift to our apartment front door to deliver mail. One day when I called in the bank to get some money. She saw me in there, came into the bank, & gave me a parcel that was too large for our mailbox!! Now THAT is service.
The only complaint I would have with the Spanish postal service is that our post office in Formentera is open 1.15 - 2.00 pm. If anyone has a day job, hard luck!
Getting back to your question, We only get mail Mon-Fri.
Take care,

Dingbat
dingbat

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby grichn » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:54 am

Postmen are self-employed agents of the Post Office. They work when they want to! Forget weekends, fiestas, Red days, holidays and anytime he can't be bothered to drag himself out of bed. No use asking the manager of the PO, I never heard of a postie working on the weekend.

Richard in Crevi
grichn

Which part of Spain are you from?: crevillent

Previous