Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New Town shopping centre -Quesada Boulevard

Re: New Town shopping centre -Quesada

Postby Jan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:10 am

Leila wrote:As I am not an all year round residents can you please explain to me where is the new shopping centre going to be .,is it near the thursday market ,

Hi,
The new 'Centro Boulevard' will be in Las Naciones the high street of Quesada, with all the shops and bars in, that runs from the Arches. It is quite a grand name for a small precinct of shops on two floors but should be nice when it's finished, compared to the rough patch of ground that was there before.
Here's a photo of the advert for it:
centroboulevardquesada.jpg

and here's a photo I took of the ongoing building work in October 2015:
boulevard quesada centro.jpg

It was scheduled to be finished Summer 2015 but hey this is the Spain we know & love...mañana, mañana !
:text-lol:
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Re: New Town shopping centre -Quesada Boulevard

Postby scubydoo » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:12 am

It is on the site where the Three Amigos used to be.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby AndyC » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:13 pm

Does nobody walk anywhere now?
AndyC

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby ready766 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:49 pm

a long time to finish as they have appeared to have purchased the 2 houses nearby which are in the process of being demolished. So i think much bigger than all the members think. Mike
ready766

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby newchocs » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:55 am

Looking from the street, to the left there are the old buildings of the builder Justo Quesada (I think that's what's being referred to as the houses next door). These are in the process of being demolished, but it is nothing to do with the builders of the Quesada Boulevard. It is however, also going to be commercial units, as was originally planned years ago. It is a project from the old Justo Quesada builders and the timing is just to cash in on the advertising and hype about they've larger new development next door.
newchocs

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby SharonSpain » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:46 pm

Maybe the profit from the sale (if it is the old Quesada offices) will be used to pay off all the outstanding monies owed to various communities for unpaid community charges? Hahaha, who am I kidding?
SharonSpain

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby newchocs » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:57 am

Unfortunately, to make profit they have to sell the units first and, going by their previous stupidly high commercial unit prices, that might just be a bit of a challenge. I already noticed that, what was formerly the Justo Quesada technical office, has been demolished and the main office is now under work, so it shouldn't be long before we see exactly what they're planning. In the past they actually had an advert outside the building for the mini commercial centre they were going to build. I don't know if their plans have changed, but originally it was going to be a U shaped centre on one level, facing the road but with no additional car parking. Let's see what they come up with in the coming weeks
newchocs

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby walnut » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:36 pm

As I have heard from various Spanish sources,the units are not for sale,purely,for rent.The rents are quite extortionate and quesada could have yet another empty unit,unless the plan for the car park in front of the old Barclay's bank or the archers goes ahead.
walnut

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Previous