Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Beware if buying things from UK

Beware if buying things from UK

Postby nigelandkath » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:22 pm

I know it has been mentioned on here before but with Xmas around the corner it is timely to remind folks that if you are buying anything from the UK the chances are that you will be paying tax charges on anything you import. Likewise if your loved ones send you anything from the UK chances are that you will also be paying taxes on those gifts. We have now stopped our relatives sending anything other than a card over. The only places you can buy online now without incurring charges is to buy within the EU.
nigelandkath

Which part of Spain are you from?: torre la mata

Re: Beware if buying things from UK

Postby Bonjovy » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:32 pm

Amazon.es. Same products as U.K. most items have English translator option, no taxes. Usually cheaper. Superb returns policy. 5 stars from me.
Bonjovy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby JamesB » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:11 pm

Bonjovy wrote:Amazon.es. Same products as U.K. most items have English translator option, no taxes. Usually cheaper. Superb returns policy. 5 stars from me.

First class delivery service also from Murcia and Alicante depots, trackable right to your front door, next day delivery with Prime and on Sundays too, 5 stars from me also.
JamesB

Postby harsuespain » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:37 pm

Also, if buying presents for friends and family in the UK use Amazon .UK.
and if possible pay in GBP.

Regards,
harsuespain

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby nigelandkath » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:47 pm

It really amazes me that there are still people accepting stuff bought in the uk and having to pay extortionate charges. It has been documented almost everywhere that now the UK has left the EU then import duties taxes and associated charges are payable and that charge is formed on the opinion of the importing country ie Spain, so it is their interpretation as to the value of the goods and then everything follows from there. Amazon de is another good alternative to their es site.
nigelandkath

Postby camionpilot » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:48 pm

Buy from Ireland , save the vat and duty .
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby sawasdee » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:10 pm

I recently bought from amazon.es an item from UK and got hit with 33 euros import tax.
sawasdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby sarnia cherie » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:08 am

We have a wish list on Amazon UK, which friends or relatives look up. Then they go on Amazon de.(Germany), which comes up in English and get it sent from there. We have had no problems with things that we or them have ordered.
sarnia cherie

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo pepin

Postby Cualquier chisme? » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:05 pm

sawasdee wrote:I recently bought from amazon.es an item from UK and got hit with 33 euros import tax.

There seems to be a disconnect in the UK with regards to the rules and regulations required post Brexit.

The following is an article printed in an Irish paper last month detailing this disconnect:

https://www.independent.ie/business/per ... 71275.html
Cualquier chisme?

Postby nigelandkath » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:05 pm

I'd really like to keep this post going for a bit so that as many people as possible view it. Hopefully then we wont have a barrage of people coming on fuming over costs incurred from xmas gifts sent by the relies from the UK to Spain, and of course that includes NI.
nigelandkath