Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Jan and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

China, really cracked it or false dawn?

China, really cracked it or false dawn?

Postby A.N.Other » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:56 am

Anybody else struggling to square the circle of Chinas claims to be virtually free of the virus and the exponentially expanding catastrophy occuring just about everywhere else?

Yes their lock down was fast(ish) and brutally severe but I'm still finding it hard to swallow.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Alicante

Re: China, really cracket it or false dawn?

Postby GLASSMAN » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:01 pm

aren't they ,the Chinese now using the vaccine,that Japan has produced against the flu virus, or did the Chinese have a vaccine all along before they released the virus?into the world,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Re: China, really cracked it or false dawn?

Postby Tony W » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:54 pm

It is worth looking at this site it is updated every day so you can see where the hot spots are or where there is a decline . It is worth noting the recovered cases
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Tony W

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Yan » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:01 pm

But i just can’t understand with all of the precautions we are taking in Spain, why we are continuing to see such terrible numbers of people dying? Surely the lockdown etc should be showing a more positive picture by now?
Yan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Adey » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:25 pm

I think there is a problem with the figures, it only seems to be based on people already in hospital, so what is classed as a current case only covers people already in hospital, according to the recovery / death figures that means 60% will live and 40% will die of the current case.
Adey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Jacarilla

Postby Tony W » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:28 pm

Yan wrote:But i just can’t understand with all of the precautions we are taking in Spain, why we are continuing to see such terrible numbers of people dying? Surely the lockdown etc should be showing a more positive picture by now?

if you lok at the link that I posted above you will see that china has had 81,171 cases, of which only 4,735 are still active
Tony W

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby TonTri » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:58 pm

Yan wrote:But i just can’t understand with all of the precautions we are taking in Spain, why we are continuing to see such terrible numbers of people dying? Surely the lockdown etc should be showing a more positive picture by now?

Well Italy is only now starting to slow down slightly and they were in lockdown a week before Spain. At that rate it will be the middle of next week at the earliest before any chance of a sign of slowing down
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Shiva » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Incubation period means a lag. Takes time. Agree with Ton Tri.
Shiva

Postby Sage » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:35 pm

I heard on tv this morning that the incubation period is 5-10 days.....so some of us may already have it !

After that the virus just does what every other living organism tries to do.....reproduce.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Joyce » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:22 am

We have been on lockdown 10 days so we should know if it’s starting to work in our area. Are there any confirmed cases Known in Quesada
Joyce

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Next