Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Internet installation

Internet installation

Postby solent_lady » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:20 pm

I want to install internet into my house in Dona Pepa ... its a desk top system. What is the best way to do this please - I am not at the house all the time and am looking for the most cost effective way :-)

Any advice or suggestions welcome :D
solent_lady

Re: Internet installation

Postby Jan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:43 pm

solent_lady wrote:I want to install internet into my house in Dona Pepa ... its a desk top system. What is the best way to do this please - I am not at the house all the time and am looking for the most cost effective way :-)

Any advice or suggestions welcome :D

The company Dvblab has been recommended on TalkQuesada in the recent past http://www.dvblab.com/

They have a service whereby they set up the internet for a set-fee and then the service can be suspended at any time and paid for on a monthly basis as used. It is explained on the website. It seems ideal for those not living in Spain as it is a dip in - dip out service.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby solent_lady » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:23 pm

Thank you for the advice Jan, I have emailed dvblab.com and am waiting to see what they say :-)
solent_lady

Postby AnneDC » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:54 pm

I use dvblab and have always found them to be very helpful and efficient :clap:
AnneDC

Which part of Spain are you from?: Sierra de Maria

Postby solent_lady » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:24 pm

They tell me its 95 euro for installation then 20 euro per month and you only pay for the months ( or part months) that you use .. looks good to me ... Thanks for the recommendation Anne its always good to hear from someone that is actually using them. :-)
solent_lady

Postby Sandra » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:31 pm

I use them, too, for my computer, phone and TV. I have to pay €5 a month (right through the year) to keep my phone number. For TV it is a far cheaper option that Torresat etc as, with them, you have to pay each month whether or not you are there. The number of TV channels is less on this system, but then again I don't spend much time watching the TV when I am out there! I just like to catch up with the news and a few other programmes!

Just one thing, remember that a "part month" still attracts a whole month's rental, so it is better if you are in Spain during one month and don't straddle two months!!
Sandra

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby solent_lady » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:25 pm

Thanks for that Sandra ... I am only looking at the Internet option ... at the moment ... but point taken about the straddling 2 months :-)
solent_lady

Postby solent_lady » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:28 pm

I just want to say what a great service I received from dvblab when I was over last week, I booked to have the internet connected prior to flying out to Spain .. easy peasy .. they arrived on time, fitted within a couple of hours and then I could use it straight away. The engineer even let the 2 boys I had with me use his own laptop whilst he was sorting everything out .. Well worth the money ! When I had to return to the UK I sent an email to dvblad, as requested, to stop the service ... and I got an email back telling me it had been turned off almost straight away. I am very pleased with the service and cant recommend them highly enough .... all I have to do now is email them again as I fly back to have the internet service resumed :-)
solent_lady

Postby serena conybeare » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:46 pm

I had the internet installed yesterday by dvblab. They turned up on time and I am very happy with the internet speed. It cost 99 euro's (wire less) to install and 19 euro's a month which I only pay for when in Spain. You just phone or email to let them know you are in Spain and when you leave phone and they will turn it off. :D
serena conybeare

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo bravo

Postby solent_lady » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Its a good system isnt it serena .. I would certainly recommend it and I paid the same price as you :-)
solent_lady

Next