Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Only 1 Person In The Car

Only 1 Person In The Car

Postby Chevron » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:38 pm

This morning I took my 83 year old mother who lives with me in the car to Consum at Benimar. 2 Policia Local Officers approached me and asked where I was going. I told them to Consum. He said "two people?" I said "Yes its my mother but she is staying inside the car" I wont let her inside for obvious reasons. They told me only 1 person allowed.
I explained that she was 83 years old and had recently had a stroke and suffers from back and hip problems and loses her balance easy also fell 3 times the other week so I dare not leave her on her own at home.
They were not having any of it.
They told me to take car home and come back to Consum on my own.
They told me if I do it again I would be fined.
So this is something new as I had not read anything about this.
Chevron

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Re: Only 1 Person In The Car

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:23 pm

Funny you should say that, it's been 1 in the car for over 1 week but this morning the N332 page on Facebook issued an update saying 2 people could travel in the car now as long as one in the front and one in the back with masks on B U T although it said a private car some are saying it's taxis/coaches only so we are waiting to have it confirmed if it is your own car or just taxi's/coaches but the stipulations still apply, minors, disabled etc are the only ones you can take, something like that. The fines have also gone up, 4K if you break the isolation for reasons other than shopping or chemist
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Chevron » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:28 pm

My Mom is disabled she can only walk with a 3 wheel trolley and has a Spanish disability badge but the Local Police were not having it. The thing was she was not going to go inside the supermarket its just I dare not leave her on her own in the house in case she falls again. I read the Spanish Lockdown rules when they first came out but did not read anything about 1 person in a car only.
I think there there still many people that do not know.
Chevron

Postby A.N.Other » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:53 pm

It's as well to remember that N332 is not an official organ of government but a privately owned and operated organisation run by non professionals and volunteers.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that of course just that their output is not necessarily as infallible as some might like to believe.
A.N.Other

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:21 pm

I thought it was started up by 2-3 traffic policemen who did it in their spare time ??
Chrisdee

Postby elchedave » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:32 pm

A.N.Other wrote:It's as well to remember that N332 is not an official organ of government but a privately owned and operated organisation run by non professionals and volunteers.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that of course just that their output is not necessarily as infallible as some might like to believe.

I wouldn't call the Guardia Civil officers who run the site non professionals, yes they run the site on a voluntary basis but amateurs they most certainly aren't.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:35 pm

One of the officers Francisco Morales is often at the Expo on their stand and Mark Nolan is the English guy who helps them out as far as I know
Chrisdee

Postby Steve4878 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:10 pm

Am I correct to assume that N332 is not part of the actual police then?
Steve4878

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bennimar

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:17 pm

Not an official police site. When you look at the Facebook page and click on About it reads different to what it used to say. They were a group of I believe traffic cops who did the updates in their spate time. I'm going to send a message and ask.
Chrisdee

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:47 pm

I have had a reply back and they are police officers. Google Euro weekly 12th Feb 2015
Chrisdee

Next