Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

TAX on goods from UK

Re: TAX on goods from UK

Postby Murt » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:22 am

Chrisdee wrote:One of my friends friends has said the delivery driver arrived with her parcel and because she hadn't paid took the parcel back, it's all a bit strange.

This is from the Govt and it says under £135 no charge?

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

Regardless of whatever the UK Govt says, this is what the Irish Revenue are advising about importing goods from the UK into Ireland (ie into the EU)after 1 Jan 2021

Less than €22 - No VAT
More than €22 you have to pay VAT.
Goods with a higher value than €150 you have to pay customs duty as well.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-veh ... he-eu.aspx
Murt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada MarquesaGolf

Postby Willow » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:27 am

Also if you have prime in Ireland no free delivery from England.
Daughter is trying prime.es
Willow

Postby Bee » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:47 am

Uk retailers should not add VAT to your order as it is for export and you should ask for a refund if they do. They can only charge VAT and Export/Excise Duty if both these taxes are being remitted to the EU country concerned and it is clearly shown on your final invoice that "all taxes and duty paid" To further complicate matters. Goods can only be goods manufactured within the UK or EU to avail of the €22 and €150 tax free limits.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby loners » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:36 pm

Yes as someone had already said ,,i also got a scam on my phone from dhl, it said i needed to pay extra or it would be returned to sender,, but it needed to be done in 24 hrs,,i ignored as i read it several times, and it made me think. My parcel arrived two days later!! So just be careful.was wondering how they got my phone number ???
loners

Which part of Spain are you from?: cuidad Quesada

Postby Ginger » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:55 pm

Chrisdee wrote:One of my friends friends has said the delivery driver arrived with her parcel and because she hadn't paid took the parcel back, it's all a bit strange.

This is from the Govt and it says under £135 no charge?

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty
items have Vat added no matter what the cost but Customs Duty isn’t payable on items costing under £135. Have I read correctly?
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby Philipb1407 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:17 pm

There should be no fees for VAT or Duty on goods being imported from the UK to Spain, our trade deal with the EU us free trade, the seller to you in Spain should declare the shipment as DDP free delivered duties and taxes paid and therefore should be delivered free. If not do not pay for the goods and refuse to pay DHL or any courier any fees at all.
Make it clear to the seller that they are responsible for all fees in the purchase cost and that you will pay COD cash on delivery. Or payment against notification of free delivery received from the courier. If you all stick to this the sooner the couriers will get their act together.
Philipb1407

Postby Sage » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:43 pm

I picked up a news story 2 days ago that went like this.....

TNT, DHL & UPS are imposing a surcharge on all shipments between UK & EU to cover investment & incremental costs of customs clearance. Maybe this has something to do with what you are experiencing in Spain.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Deadeyedick » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:15 pm

Thank you all for your replies. They have been very informative and helpful. I have contacted DHL to ask what this charge of €20.93 is for so I will keep you informed if I get a reply from them.
Deadeyedick

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:20 pm

You thought you'd be bored with lockdown, fat chance of that ah? Always something to sort out. Have a good day xx

Deadeyedick wrote:Thank you all for your replies. They have been very informative and helpful. I have contacted DHL to ask what this charge of €20.93 is for so I will keep you informed if I get a reply from them.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Deadeyedick » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:05 pm

Chrisdee wrote:You thought you'd be bored with lockdown, fat chance of that ah? Always something to sort out. Have a good day xx

Deadeyedick wrote:Thank you all for your replies. They have been very informative and helpful. I have contacted DHL to ask what this charge of €20.93 is for so I will keep you informed if I get a reply from them.

Not much chance of being bored with these thieving so and so’s about.

Take care xx
Deadeyedick

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

PreviousNext