Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

HEALTH INSURANCE

HEALTH INSURANCE

Postby Tootandploot » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:21 pm

Having to pay Ni in UK, plus travel insurance and having EHIC, who offers the cheapest health insurance that complies with the Residencia requirements please?
Tootandploot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: HEALTH INSURANCE

Postby brandyboy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:30 pm

"Cheap" is something you will regret if you are unfortunate enough to have to make any substantial claim.
brandyboy

Postby Tootandploot » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:01 pm

How much health care cover can one have or need?. I am already paying in UK so why do I need to pay over the odds in Spain.?
Tootandploot

Postby marcliff » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:20 pm

Tootandploot wrote:How much health care cover can one have or need?. I am already paying in UK so why do I need to pay over the odds in Spain.?

Because you don't pay into the system in Spain? UK is a residence based NHS, Spain is a contribution based system. Even Spaniards can't get health cover if they haven't paid into the social security system.
If you paid social security in Spain you would be covered. If you were over pensionable age in UK or registered disabled you would get cover. The UK government stopped the healthcare based on your NI payments.
Your right to live in Spain as an EU citizen is valid for 3 months per year only. Over that you have to become either a permanent resident or a non-permanent resident. In either case you must prove you have sufficient health insurance to cover you, whether by EHIC (for short visits) or by private health insurance if longer.
Sorry, but if you choose to live in Spain longer and not pay into the social security system then you need to ensure you are covered.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Tootandploot » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:04 am

Thanks all but it seems that it's a E106/E109 that does the trick for those paying taxes in the UK and not in receipt of state pension.
Tootandploot

Postby jules1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:40 am

Isn't the form E106 now the S1?
jules1

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby jpeg » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:00 am

jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Tootandploot » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:27 am

No apparently not. Depends on who you ask I suppose. Different form with HMRC for those under pensionable age.
Tootandploot