Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

NEIGHBOURS THAT RENT

Re: NEIGHBOURS THAT RENT

Postby donaduo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:55 pm

Janjan wrote:A lot of Presidentes definitely do not get paid. The President and the Vice Presents should get to together and decide on a plan of action to deal with troublemakers.

Why?

Surely the VP's only roll is to cover the President in their absence. Also, a plan of action cannot be formulated outside of an AGM.

If rules are being broken, despite other owners informing 'offenders' then, the President, or VP in their absence, should establish the facts and, if necessary inform the administrators.

If anyone was to call the police, they'd best be sure that know the rules implicitly.
donaduo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby TerryG » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:07 pm

Lavender wrote:
Chrisdee wrote:Didn't think the president was allowed an allowance ? Although I do know of one who does get a small wage

The president on my last community had a large reduction in his community charge. As far as I know this is usual practice.

No, it's not normal and is the exception rather than the rule. You are expected to serve your community for nothing.

Some communities do give their Presidents some kind of renumeration, such as expenses for phone calls, etc and yes, their community charge can waived in part of in full.

Obviously this must be voted on and agreed at the AGM.

There is no mention whatsover in The Law of Horizontal Property that the President can be paid somehow to do the job. It does state however that if you are voted as President, that you must do it, or explain to a Spanish judge why you can't do the job. You can read that for yourself .

And by the way ..nobody WANTS to be President of a community. I've been the President of our community for eighteen years, purely for the fact that we have only three permanent residents. Two of whom are unsuitable and old....and me. So I get the job every year whether I like it or not. I would dearly love to pack it in but who else will do it. There's not point in having a President who doesn't live here and is out of the country fifty weeks of the year. !!
TerryG

Postby Janjan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:59 pm

Donaduo.
The Presidente isn't God and should consult his Deputies about things that crop up. Not everything has to wait until an AGM.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby donaduo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:34 pm

Janjan wrote:Donaduo.
The Presidente isn't God and should consult his Deputies about things that crop up. Not everything has to wait until an AGM.

Oh, they can operate like a kangaroo court then?
donaduo

Postby donaduo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:42 pm

Janjan wrote:Donaduo.

So that answers why so many palm trees are planted. It's because they've no branches and therefore, a hastily convened lawless rabble, can't string people up.
donaduo

Postby TerryG » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:56 pm

You have two types of people who rent. Those that get their own rentals and those that leave it to a rental agency.

The first is very easy to deal with if there are any complaints, because you can speak to the owner, but it`s more difficult with the second. Of course you can always speak to the owner who in turn can speak to the agency. But something is always lost in the translation. And of course the offending renters have long gone home.

I hate July and August with a vengeance, and they come round like birthdays......too blinking quick.. :D
TerryG

Previous