Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

NEIGHBOURS THAT RENT

NEIGHBOURS THAT RENT

Postby GLASSMAN » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:06 pm

for the last 6 weeks we've had a succession of different renters in next door all very noisy Spanish people or British people with screaming kids, it was empty for a day,what a relief I thought,
well there four looks like Spanish teenagers turned up ,looks like we,re in for another terrible week,
the owners are just interested in the rent it looks like, not bothered about the neighbours.
well if they are very extremly noisey again what can I do?
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Re: NEIGHBOURS THAT RENT

Postby Lavender » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:28 pm

I really do sympathise with you. Next door to us is rented out to holiday makers all year round. People don't seem to understand that many of us actually live here. We live in a so called residential area but you wouldn't think so. Sometimes I feel like we've moved to Benidorm!!! The people who rent out their property to holiday makers need to take stock and think how they would feel if they had a constant stream of people staying next door to them. We have been fortunate to have nice people staying who haven't caused a problem until last month. The noise at times was ridiculous and uncalled for. A little bit of respect and thoughtfulness on the part of all those who rent out and those who chose to come on holiday would be very gratefully received.
If I were you and there is too much noise at inappropriate times of the night I would call the police. There is a law relating to behaviour and the police will sort it out.
Lavender

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby shemarg » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Another suggestion is to speak to your community president
shemarg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Golf. Quesada

Postby Drama Queen » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:21 pm

If the owner hasn't registered the house as rented and is therefore tax dodging, he is breaking the law. But after midnight call the Guardia on 112 and they will come and shut them up. The offenders can be carted off and locked up for the night in extremely unsociable conditions at Almoradi. We made a denuncia at the local police station, and they gave us the above info. We have a copy of it, which we gave the owner with instructions to tell all his tenants that after midnight, with no warning, the police will come. It worked!

It's not a bad idea to record the noise on your phone, so you have proof.
Drama Queen

Which part of Spain are you from?: Near the golf course

Postby Janjan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:20 pm

If you are on a Community make sure it is brought up at the AGM and recorded so that when the Minutes are sent to the Homeowners they know the Police will be called if any excessive noise after midnight including loud music. Pity you can't Denounce the Homeowners. It might bother them then.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby steve6333 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:52 pm

As a Community President I am NOT the sheriff of the county, yet so many people think they can pass on the unpleasant job of confronting bad behaviour. No president has authority to take action against bad behaviour that is a neighbour to neighbour issue, and as has been clearly presented by others, call the police and they will deal with the problem.
steve6333

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Scipio » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:26 pm

As president of our community my first move is to make the holidaymakers aware of our community rules in a friendly way.
I explain that we have a number of residents who have to get up for work in the morning.
This usually works.
Next a call from me to the owner asking them to speak to the people renting their property, outlining the options open to the community should there not be immediate improvement. Including closure of their property.
Next it would be a call to the police.
Finally a letter from our admin . Who I would ask to check if they are renting legally.
Owners don't want to lose their cash cow !!
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Lavender » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:28 am

Scipio wrote:As president of our community my first move is to make the holidaymakers aware of our community rules in a friendly way.
I explain that we have a number of residents who have to get up for work in the morning.
This usually works.
Next a call from me to the owner asking them to speak to the people renting their property, outlining the options open to the community should there not be immediate improvement. Including closure of their property.
Next it would be a call to the police.
Finally a letter from our admin . Who I would ask to check if they are renting legally.
Owners don't want to lose their cash cow !!
:text-goodpost:

Thank goodness there is at least one president of a community who takes their responsibility seriously. It's a pity others don't take your lead. On saying that, I am very pleased with our president. I know that he will take the matter up with the owners in due course.
Lavender

Postby Lavender » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:35 am

steve6333 wrote:As a Community President I am NOT the sheriff of the county, yet so many people think they can pass on the unpleasant job of confronting bad behaviour. No president has authority to take action against bad behaviour that is a neighbour to neighbour issue, and as has been clearly presented by others, call the police and they will deal with the problem.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that you confront people for their bad behaviour. Maybe just take responsibility and contact the owners of the property....isn't that one of the jobs you get an allowance for????
Lavender

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:02 am

Didn't think the president was allowed an allowance ? Although I do know of one who does get a small wage
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Next