Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New Ryanair Baggage Policy

Re: New Ryanair Baggage Policy

Postby stu and maz » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:24 pm

This year as a family of 4 it would have cost us £140 to put 40kg of luggage into the hold for a return trip. Under new policy it sounds like we can put approx 40kg of luggage into the hold for free. Sounds good to me. Or am I missing something???
stu and maz

Which part of Spain are you from?: ciudad quesada

Postby Tootandploot » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Looks that way although they do have to be approved cabin size and you will still have it with you up to the gate then part with it to get it on for free.

The flights that I booked and referred to in my earlier post were seat nos 21 and from Edinburgh. The £3 seat was row 18 window seat and the middle and aisle were already booked. It seems their booking system is able to calculate and vary the cost dependant upon which seats are booked first. You should note that the ad states "from £3.00"
Tootandploot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jordy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:01 pm

marcliff wrote:
Jordy wrote:This new system begs the question: If I choose to go non-priority boarding & accept that my cabin luggage will be taken from me at the boarding gate & placed in the hold...can I now carry liquids/sharps in that bag as it will not be in my possession during the flight & how will I get it past security?

You won't get past security in the first place.

Which goes back to my original query...if it's going in the hold then why not? I accept the guaranteed scenario
of "No - this is not allowed!" but liquids & sharp items are considered a threat to the actual aircraft, passengers & crew, not the departure lounge. If that was the case then surely they wouldn't be allowed through Arrivals either?
I'm not being argumentative here, just exploring a topic. :)
Jordy

Postby donaduo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:30 pm

But if your were allowed to carry banned items through security, as you were booked on Ryanair and your baggage was to be put in the hold, what's to stop you transferring those items to your cabin bag or, to a terrorist traveling on a higher value route?
donaduo

Postby TonTri » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:35 pm

Jordy wrote:
marcliff wrote:
Jordy wrote:This new system begs the question: If I choose to go non-priority boarding & accept that my cabin luggage will be taken from me at the boarding gate & placed in the hold...can I now carry liquids/sharps in that bag as it will not be in my possession during the flight & how will I get it past security?

You won't get past security in the first place.

Which goes back to my original query...if it's going in the hold then why not? I accept the guaranteed scenario
of "No - this is not allowed!" but liquids & sharp items are considered a threat to the actual aircraft, passengers & crew, not the departure lounge. If that was the case then surely they wouldn't be allowed through Arrivals either?
I'm not being argumentative here, just exploring a topic. :)

Security rules apply for all flights not just Ryanair. They dont discern which aircraft a person is flying on they just have standard rules for everyone.
TonTri

Postby Shiva » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:30 pm

[quote=
I guess they're relying on 90 or less passengers purchasing Priority Boarding (which was discounted yesterday at £2.50 per person, and seat booking at £3 too!).[/quote]

Or they could restrict priority boarding to 90 places, once booked up, that would be that...
Shiva

Postby Jordy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:53 pm

donaduo wrote:But if your were allowed to carry banned items through security, as you were booked on Ryanair and your baggage was to be put in the hold, what's to stop you transferring those items to your cabin bag or, to a terrorist traveling on a higher value route?

See...I knew there would be answers out there. Thanks to you & the others that responded.
As I said earlier, I wasn't being pedantic but just examining the issue. I still think I could do
a lot more damage with my car & house keys which I'm allowed to carry than I could with my
nail clippers which I'm not. ;)
Jordy

Postby Mcmuk » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:15 pm

dottyp53 wrote:Talking of Ryanair...did anyone else notice that they released their next batch of flights this morning, seemingly without telling the public (or Skyscanner)?!!!

Just bagged myself my April, May, June, July and August flights!!!

:-)

Thanks Dotty. Just booked a shed load
As always May half term is extortionate. So flying into Madrid instead of Alicante for half the price.

Flights still not advertised or on Skyscanner yet
Mcmuk

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Shiva » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:44 am

Mcmuk wrote:
dottyp53 wrote:Talking of Ryanair...did anyone else notice that they released their next batch of flights this morning, seemingly without telling the public (or Skyscanner)?!!!

Just bagged myself my April, May, June, July and August flights!!!

:-)

Thanks Dotty. Just booked a shed load
As always May half term is extortionate. So flying into Madrid instead of Alicante for half the price....

Which is obviously great if you want to go to Madrid, not so useful going to Alicante... :text-lol:
Shiva

Postby Mcmuk » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:52 am

Or if you don't mind driving an additional 3 hrs to save £475 on flights
Mcmuk

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

PreviousNext