Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Amazon UK

Amazon UK

Postby Jean T » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:21 pm

Is there anyway I can purchase goods from my Amazon UK account and get them sent directly here to Spain please?
Jean T

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Amazon UK

Postby marcliff » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:12 pm

Yes, of course. Just put your Spanish address as a delivery address and away you go. If the seller doesn't deliver to Spain then it will come up and tell you but those items are pretty few and far between and usually apply to something really cheap (so the delivery costs will be more than the item) or rather large (like a big screen telly or a fridge freezer).
The items will either be sent by Correos and you pick them up from the post office or by courier and they will tell you when they are arriving.
Always check Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.es. You can use both with your account and it can work out cheaper with the es site when delivery is taken into account.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Shiva » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:57 pm

Yes, agree with Marcliff, have ordered from both Amazon Uk and had things delivered AND from Amazon Es with no problems. Indeed was very impressed by Amazon es when I had a problem with a purchase and the ( British) supplier was not being at all helpful - Amazon es refunded all my money ( and it was c. £120 in question) and took it up with the supplier themselves.

Quick question to Marcliff ( or anyone else who may know). Have Amazon Prime on the Uk account - am thinking of doing Amazon Prime on the ES account too as that appears to mean I could access the Prime movies etc in Spain. Have you tried this, does it work in practice?
Shiva

Postby John T » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:47 pm

I have tried ordering on Amazon UK but it will not except the delivery address, it keeps coming up with post code required so blocked from this point.
Tried Amazon es and it did not recognize my login when I tried to order the item through them, must be doing something wrong but don't know what.
Did watch episode 7 of Game of Thrones on my Kindle on Monday night so it must allow you to use Prime as I paid for the episode on my English account
John T

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada Donna Pepa

Postby Redwoodslady » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:13 pm

I used my UK login to order from Amazon es with no problems. They messaged me to let me know that my parcel was ready for collection at the Correos in Quesada. It worked well
Redwoodslady

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby kevin07 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:19 pm

You can always have items sent to us in the UK and we will give you a price to bring them over just email [email protected] thanks Kevin.
Silverdale Transport & Removals
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01270 872731
Mobile: 07952170306
Mobile: 627 371 937
kevin07

Which part of Spain are you from?: albir

Postby Shiva » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:26 pm

John T wrote:I have tried ordering on Amazon UK but it will not except the delivery address, it keeps coming up with post code required so blocked from this point.
Tried Amazon es and it did not recognize my login when I tried to order the item through them, must be doing something wrong but don't know what.
Did watch episode 7 of Game of Thrones on my Kindle on Monday night so it must allow you to use Prime as I paid for the episode on my English account

HI John if you were watching Game of Thrones you weren't watching it via Amazon Prime as Game of Thrones is not available on Amazon Prime ( only the Lego version is available on Prime Lol :D ) You obviously bought it separately . Also you cannot watch UK Amazon Prime in Spain - it sees you are abroad and blocks it. You can download things from Prime Video in the UK and then watch them in Spain but can't watch them live.

I have my Amazon UK account and my Amazon es account against 2 different email addresses, theoretically you are supposed to be able to merge accounts but that didn't seem to work for me. Have added Spanish addresses to my UK account and sent things to Spain without any difficulty. When you are inputting the additional address make sure you have selected 'Spain' as the country and that your PC is not trying to automatically fill it in with the UK details. It should be as an additional delivery address not as your account holder address.

The sub for Amazon Prime in Spain only seems to be about 20 euro. https://www.amazon.es/gp/help/customer/ ... =202063100

So will give it a whirl to try, nothing ventured nothing gained ( and then of course I'll get the prime delivery benefits in Spain as well. ) If it works I will let you all know... as that's not much of an annual sub to access a range of films and TV shows. If it doesn't work, will also say...
Shiva

Postby marcliff » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:27 pm

Some surprising answers. I can log on to any Amazon domain including UK, ES, COM, DE and FR simply by using the same email address and password. Each site recognises the addresses I have put in but, as said, you must put the country in first if you are doing on the UK site as it defaults to the UK postcode. If you add an address on the ES site it defaults to the Spanish system.
It also defaults to my UK bank card on the UK site and the Spanish bank card on the ES site.
Amazon Prime UK doesn't work in Spain. Amazon Prime ES has virtually all films in English and you have to choose Spanish subtitles if you want. It costs €19.95 a year and you do get most things post free but only from the ES site.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Jean T » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Thanks everyone, seems to have started a bit of a discussion...really good posts, thank you so much everyone!!!
Jean T

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Cymro43 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:11 am

I use amazon on a regular basis. They deliver either to my home address or to my post box at Easypost. If the seller won’t sell to Spain, I get them delivered to Easypost at their UK address and it is sent on Easypost in Spain, usually arrives a week late. No problem
Cymro43

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Montesinos

Next