Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New Mas Y Mas Supermarket, Quesada - Building in progress

Re: New Mas Y Mas Supermarket, Quesada - Building in progres

Postby JohnES » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:21 am

If this is the new structure I saw yesterday going out of Quesada through the arches , then this is horrendous. I thought yesterday that it will spoil the look of the entrance but to put a supermarket there is totally irresponsible of the council. There is plenty of land available between the arches and the shops at Lo Maribu, so why not there. They could have taken over the old Lidl store. I thought that it was bad enough when the town council allowed the Chinese bazaars on the high street but this takes the biscuit.
JohnES

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Southpaw » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:05 pm

According to local chit chat, Mas Y Mas have owned that plot of land for years!!
Southpaw

Postby Jan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:15 pm

Southpaw wrote:According to local chit chat, Mas Y Mas have owned that plot of land for years!!

Maybe they were waiting for the man in the caravan/van, who was a well liked character and had lived on the land for years, to leave the land. It may be so, as the man died relatively recently and only then was the land cleared and fenced off. If so it seems that MasyMas or whoever owned that land was being kind & sympathetic to this guy while he was living there. Not a bad thing to hear eh?!
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby dr.doolittle » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:35 pm

:text-goodpost:
dr.doolittle

Postby iant » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:43 pm

About 4 years ago a sign went up in each corner of the plot saying that this land belongs to Quesada? Thought it strange at the time. So Mas y mas have not owned it for long. Why did they not build it next to Lidl. Blinking eyesore it is going to be. The man in the car is to define disputed ownership of the land. I think you will see him there for some time to come, so says my Spanish friend!!!
iant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Central Quesada

Postby Lindyloo » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:59 pm

Oh no! So disappointed. Was hoping it would be a car park. The new Lidl is already causing a traffic jam at that island, so guess it will only get worse. We have enough supermarkets in the area!!
Lindyloo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta II

Postby Lavender » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:44 pm

God help us when it opens. It's like wacky races out there today. There must have been an accident near the stupidly placed bus stop at the roundabout today. Police all around there diverting the traffic into Quesada, so couldn't turn right at the roundabout. Hope they have plans to change the location of the bus stop, it's bad enough when the coaches are parked across from it as you approach the zebra crossing. There just doesn't seem to be any common sense with regards to town planning and safety.
Lavender

Postby camionpilot » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Agreed they missed a good opportunity a few years back , the little backroad [ which now reopened ] would have ideal ideal to have moved the bus stop to , the coaches would be well clear of the roundabout and it would have alleviated the need for people to discharge passengers so near to the roundabout coz they are to lazy to walk !!!!
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Previous