Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

2nd hand car guarantee

Re: 2nd hand car guarantee

Postby JohnES » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:48 pm

You don't normally receive a written guarantee with a second hand car but it is a requirement as far as I understand.
I think that they would have repaired the car if you had taken it back to them.
I would guess that a condition of the guarantee is that you take the car back to the garage you bought it from.
Your circumstances meant that you had to have it repaired elsewhere.
Normally a garage would be able to buy parts at trade prices and use their own mechanics to carry out the repairs.
You are presenting them with a bill for parts at retail prices and a labour bill that they would not have to pay.
The bill you received seems very high if all they did was to replace 4 injectors.
You should have received a detailed bill showing all parts and labour involved.
If you show that to the garage you bought the car from they should be able to verify if this is a valid price.
I am not sure that you would win this case if you took it to the consumer complaints office.
If you want tp proceed with making a formal complaint I would check first in Benijofer to see if they have their own OMIC office
as I know that Rojales has in the town hall. The woman in Rojales could not speak any English so you may have a problem.
The garage will probably have a complaint form but I was told it has to be filled in on the premises as there is more than one copy and the garage keep one of these. The other problem is that the form is in Spanish and you cannot take it away to translate it.
I have submitted a complaint to an OMIC office without the form by typing a letter in English and putting it through a translate programme.
Last edited by JohnES on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JohnES

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby nigieboy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:00 am

Thanks...hopefully today this will be resolved.
As you say they are offering 150e per injector and no costs to Labour.
They don't believe all 4 injectors needed replacing but 2 separate garages in UK advised that they he changed.
Today they are confirming all 4 were replaced by the UK dealership.
nigieboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:28 pm

How did you get on?

This was posted on Facebook:-

Making A Complaint In Spain
The hojas de reclamaciones are issued by the local authority and is the first step in the official Spanish complaints procedure. Smaller companies, shops and organisations in Spain must have an official booklet of forms. The pages are numbered, and each form consists of three parts: a top (white) original copy, a middle (green) copy for the customer, and a bottom (pink) copy which remains in the book.
If you believe you have a complaint that is not being attended to correctly, then you are entitled to ask for the “Hojas de Reclamaciones”.
How do I use the ‘hoja de reclamación’?
The form should be duly completed, signed and dated on the premises of the business where the complaint is being made. Spanish is preferred, however you can also fill it out in English.
Try to keep it simple and straight forward. State the cause of the complaint, and what solution you would like to see, such as a refund, exchange of goods, repair of damages, etc. You cannot claim any punitive damages - Remember, this is not a court case, it is a civil arbitration process.
Always indicate your personal details, name and address, and the details of the business. Every company has a set of official data which they are obliged to give you, for the purpose of filling out the ‘hoja de reclamación’.
Keep hold of all the relevant information: Invoices, sale slips, guarantees, publicity leaflets, copy of price list, etc.
The proprietor or manager might add some comments below what you have written, but usually their comments are made separately.
How to proceed?
You can now take the WHITE original, plus photocopies of the receipts, guarantees, and any other documents you believe relevant, to the ‘Oficinas Municipales de Información al Consumidor’ or the Town Hall. Another way of submitting the documents is by Burofax - A fax system run by ‘Correos’ post office for the delivery of official documents.
An official mediation process will be set up, and you will be contacted by post with a result, from anything between two weeks leading up to four months. In the meantime we recommend to keep all the documents, together with the GREEN copy in a safe place.
By Pellicer & Heredia.Solicitors
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Previous