Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

2nd hand car guarantee

2nd hand car guarantee

Postby nigieboy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:31 pm

Bought a vehicle from a garage off the roundabout in st Luis.on 1st major trip to UK it broke down and diagnostic in France claimed faulty injector...got it home 2 UK Peugeot garages confirmed and recommended all 4 get replaced which I did.
SIBERIA Garage said they garaunteed engine and gearbox for 12 month and are refusing to pay UK cost....now want to take the car in to check all 4 were really replaced by the Peugeot dealer in UK...
Instead of 2200£ it cost me they offered 150e per injector..
There was no garaunteed paperwork provided when I bought the car.
Now they are saying that had it been faulty in spain they would have repaired it for..but as it was done in the UK they are not bound to honour the spoken guarantee.
Beware ....2nd hand cars from this dealer..
nigieboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Re: 2nd hand car garuantee

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Check with the consumer officer down in Torrevieja Town Centre and see what they have to say. It's the office next to the indoor market. When I went in it was a Russian man but he spoke good English.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby nigieboy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:17 pm

I will try that .thanks.
nigieboy

Postby Tootandploot » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:28 pm

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/spain/index_en.htm

Try this link which may help you. It is my understanding that it is a legal requirement that a warranty is given although it may have to be paid for by the Buyer or the garage.

Alternatively, if you have legal representatives on a retainer they should be able to help.
Tootandploot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby nigieboy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:52 pm

My lawyer wanted to see a written copy but I was not given one at the time...as you say I thought the guarantee was mandatory...but apparently not according to the garage.
nigieboy

Postby Calledali » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:02 am

Look at EU community legislation in force regarding guarantees on the sale of pre owned vehicles. It is my understanding that a warranty must be provided with second hand vehicles for a period of not less than 12months. This may be age/mileage restricted. It may be complicated, but ultimately you have the right to go to the EU court with your action. This action will be costly for the dealer and he may choose to settle out of court.
Calledali

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby Paulr » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:40 pm

You could also ask them for an official Complaint Form, which they are required by law to have available for customers. It won't necessarily get you a refund, but the forms do go to Consumer authorities and Sellers can be fined. They are legally obliged to provide you with a Complaint form when requested - I doubt they would refuse, in fact many companies become a lot more conciliatory when faced with such a request, but if you get any push back, suggesting that you'll call the Local Police should persuade them.

Here's a link to how to complete the complaint form:
http://moneysaverspain.com/official-com ... orm-spain/

Good luck!
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby nigieboy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:32 am

Thank you Paulr...most helpful.I am sure others will find this informative.
I am after some form of compensation financially and it reads I cannot use this form as a consequence..
The car goes in today to verify all 4 injectors have been replaced( how they can tell I don't know).so I am hoping for a resolution today.
nigieboy

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:44 am

The complaints book is called "Hoja de reclamation", by law they should have that, if not, they are in big trouble
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: 2nd hand car guarantee

Postby nigieboy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:08 pm

Went to the showroom on st Luis this morning having confirmed last night they still wanted to go through with this farce....needless to say I was offered a lift home and they would keep the car.i said I was prepared to stay with the vehicle all day if need be.
The manager was not there( I have been dealing with him throughout this story)..his partner said follow me the garage.i sat in my car waiting and he had a phone call and came over and said their workshop was too busy today and couldn't do the check!! ...
They said come back tomorrow ..
So tomorrow I will update on my progress..but am not holding my breath...and will take the complaint option of not satisfied...
nigieboy

Next