Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Telfy

Re: Telfy

Postby najizan123 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:15 pm

When a contract with a provider comes to an end, do you need to give notice when changing to a new provider...or does a new provider sort all of that out for you?

My Telfy 18 month contract runs out in January, and I'm going to move to a different provider for fibre...
najizan123

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Tootandploot » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:05 am

Yes, loads with Telecable. Don’t seem to be much better. Only yesterday realised we have been paying twice for almost a year, in addition to the c..p service. We couldn’t work with 4mgb that we were paying for and couldn’t use tv and internet at same time. We upgraded to 8mgb but instead of increasing DD they instigated new contact and didn’t cancel the old one! We still can’t watch tv and use internet at same time and still only get a fraction of the contracted service. In addition to which their customer service skills are none existent.
Tootandploot

Postby maxiestaxi » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:34 am

Been with Telecable a couple of years with no problems, occasional blips when they are working on upgrades etc, but have a steady 8 megs. Watch tv and use Internet at same time.
maxiestaxi

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby John T » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:07 am

We had Telfy fit Fiber yesterday and all working OK but my ipad has a message saying that there is weak security on my connection, when i click on the information it says that WPA is not considered secure. If this is your Wi-Fi network, configure the router to use WPA2 Personnel (AES) security type.

Any body know what this is all about as im not an internet techy, can you suggest someone who will be able to HELP me :think:
John T

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada Donna Pepa

Postby Rodt » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:32 pm

Anyone got fibre from Telfy in pueblo lucero? :text-thankyouyellow:
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Postby Ross Kemp » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:02 am

.John T
,........ If this is your Wi-Fi network, configure the router to use WPA2 Personnel (AES) security type.,,..........

Its means that you should go to the router setup and change your WiFi password. The company that connected you should have swowed you how to do this . At the moment your WiFi connection could be open for anyone to use
Ross Kemp

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Ross Kemp » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:27 am

Reading some of these posts .
Could you please please add how you are connected
Is it
Fiber .... Plus what speed should you have
Is it ADSL. ..., Plus what speed you should have.
Thank s
Ross Kemp

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby TonTri » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:24 am

i am contracted with Telfy via their ADSL service for 5 Mbps at €23.07 incl IVA per month, no fibre yet in our area. My actual speed this morning is 4.99 and they have been pretty reliable to date.
TonTri

Postby llanedeyrnjack » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Using Telfy fibre optic here in Catral.

Contracted for 50 Mbps at 24.14€ (internet only) & normally up above that around 56 Mbps with no noticeable drop off at all during the day
llanedeyrnjack

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Previous