Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Damage to path

Damage to path

Postby Carl » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:33 am

we have recently have had natural gas installation,including Boiler / Plumbing installations.
The Plumbing side was faultless,bur the road tar macadam installers, used a grinding/excavation machine before laying above.
And has damaged the slabs/pavement to roadside,also my neighbour 2 over water pipe !! And left a lot of broken old makadam in the gutter, I have posted photos to the company directing the works and no response.
Who is the owner of path/pavement ? To take this further !!! A very bad trip hazard, I will try to post some photos as a practising new member.
Thank you Carl.
Carl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Damage to path

Postby mondo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:54 am

It depends who owns the road... some more public roads are owned by the council... others are owned by the urbanization...

It is till the contractors job to make good though...
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Carl » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:55 am

Thank you We are in one of the Dr roads so it maybe the local council ,we have Norweigian neighbours that may have lived here for sometime.
Any other help much appreciated.

Carl. :text-thankyouyellow:
Carl

Postby JohnES » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:20 pm

You can send an e-mail with the pictures attached to Jose Ramon and I ask him to send it to the right person.
E-mail address is [email protected]. You could also call in at the Quesada town hall and ask to speak to the Councillor who is based there.
JohnES

Postby Carl » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:49 pm

:text-thankyouyellow:
Carl

Postby mondo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:13 am

JohnES wrote:You can send an e-mail with the pictures attached to Jose Ramon and I ask him to send it to the right person.
E-mail address is [email protected]. You could also call in at the Quesada town hall and ask to speak to the Councillor who is based there.

It´s worth a try

.. but if it is the contractor, I can´t see the council doing anything...

The Councillor is Derek Monks and is a good guy.. if the council are responsible, he will sort it.... if it is the contractor, and you have their name, he might be able to put pressure on them too..

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby iant » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:35 am

The roads in Quesada are a mess after the gas people have dug them up and poorly relaid them. It is like driving over train tracks. A complaint to the council met with the reply they will see what they can do but it is the contractors responsibility. ??
iant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Central Quesada

Postby JohnES » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:30 pm

To Iant,
I am surprised by your comments about the repairs to the roads by the gas contractors. The fill-ins that I have seen on various roads around Quesada are excellent. After the pipes were laid they then filled in the channels with cement up to the level of the tarmac surface.
Sometime later (approx 2 weeks) they came back and ground away about 2 inches of the road surface including the cement and then tarmacked over this. The result is a smooth surface about 3 feet wide and level with the original road surface. In the 2 years that some of the roads were done I have not seen any subsidence. Perhaps you are confusing the gas laying with other utilities. I think that the water authority are the worst where they have cut narrow channels across various roads in the town to lay new pipes. They have filled in most of these but most of them then sink so you have the channels lower then the road.
JohnES

Postby Carl » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:15 am

Hi
I did not have fault with the plumbing side'as you mention the road workers let me help you further.
I was at home as they turned up at 6pm,the machine in question is an excellent road grinder,but as the machine driver did not wait for the truck to catch up with his conveyor belt,there was a lot of spoil over the paths, hence he could not see !!!! So therefore drove his guiding blade through the pavement on 2 occasions.
I can add a photo of where the next chap emptied half a bag of cement over pavement covering gas pipe,and looks poor workmanship.
Regards Carl
Carl

Postby JohnES » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:46 pm

My comments were addressed to Ian. I suppose that more than one contractor has been used in this area and you got a bad one.
I would phone the guy whole sold you the connection and ask him to sort it out.
JohnES

Next

Return to Quesada general discussion