Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Lo Crispin information please

Lo Crispin information please

Postby garyizme » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:20 pm

Hello, we have sold our holiday house and possibly renting another in Lo Crispin for 6 months to try out the area before buying possibly there or Quesada.

I have a car but wondered can you walk to Quesada easily, is there a track/shortcut?

Are there no shops there?

Is the local bar nice?

What day and where are the markets?

Many thanks in advance
Gary & Joyce
garyizme

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Park

Re: Lo Crispin information please

Postby marcliff » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:10 pm

If you look below at "Similar Topics" you will see lots of information on Lo Crispin.
Have a read through and then, if you still have questions, there are loads on here who will be able to help.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby donaduo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:34 pm

I’d saw there’s nothing there but I’d get flamed if I did, so let’s just say, there’s not much there.

When looking for properties, we drove there and left almost immediately, we thought it that uninspiring.
donaduo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby emwood » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:42 pm

Lo Crispin is QUIET which is the best reason for living there. Yes you need a car. It's not really suitable for children. We have two bars a personal choice which one you choose. People are all friendly. However only drawback we have had a recent influx of dog owners who DO NOT clean up, very distressing, and spoiling things.
emwood

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby garyizme » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:46 am

emwood wrote:Lo Crispin is QUIET which is the best reason for living there. Yes you need a car. It's not really suitable for children. We have two bars a personal choice which one you choose. People are all friendly. However only drawback we have had a recent influx of dog owners who DO NOT clean up, very distressing, and spoiling things.

:text-thankyouyellow:

Quiet sounds good and dog poo seems the norm these days where ever you go. Are both bars still open as the one in the unfinished commercial centre looked closed?
garyizme

Postby nannyabroad » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:39 am

When we looked 9 years ago, the agent told us the commercial area would be up and running within 18 months, and still the same. It is always going to be a matter of choice, and some can't wait to leave others love it. I would rent first, in any area that you may be considering. I have friends who live there and love it, and another who can't wait to get off. On a pessimistic note, think if you are the one left there on your own, would you like to live on an urb where you have to drive. You can walk into Quesada but you wouldn't want to carry shopping back especially in the heat. There are some lovely houses there, as on most urbs, so have a really good look around first. Best of luck on whatever you choose.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby garyizme » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:31 am

nannyabroad wrote:When we looked 9 years ago, the agent told us the commercial area would be up and running within 18 months, and still the same. It is always going to be a matter of choice, and some can't wait to leave others love it. I would rent first, in any area that you may be considering. I have friends who live there and love it, and another who can't wait to get off. On a pessimistic note, think if you are the one left there on your own, would you like to live on an urb where you have to drive. You can walk into Quesada but you wouldn't want to carry shopping back especially in the heat. There are some lovely houses there, as on most urbs, so have a really good look around first. Best of luck on whatever you choose.

We will probably do a 6 month rental first. Very hard to find rentals just now. Did that before buying our existing house in El Galan which we had for 8 years
garyizme

Postby Spiritsmum » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:20 pm

I have heard that one day they ae planning a pavement to Quesada, mainly due to the new Mas y Mas going up but seeing is believing so we will not hold our breath. Lo Crispin is a lovely area, my friend has just moved there and loves it. However, you must bear in mind that at some stage you will need the medical centre and you may not be able to drive, this also applies to shops.
I live on Doña Pepa and although not everyone's choice, we thought about our ages when we bought. We can easily get to shops, medical centre and a whole range of bars and retaurants.

For the person who complains about dog poo, this is a problem everywhere but instead of moaning or scrawling all over the pavements and leaving plastic bags (more litter).....I pick it up myself and put it in the nearest bin and we have plenty around....if something offends me and I can do something about it I do!!! just saying.......

good luck with your move
Spiritsmum

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby garyizme » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:38 pm

marcliff wrote:If you look below at "Similar Topics" you will see lots of information on Lo Crispin.
Have a read through and then, if you still have questions, there are loads on here who will be able to help.

garyizme

Postby garyizme » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:44 pm

Spiritsmum wrote:I have heard that one day they ae planning a pavement to Quesada, mainly due to the new Mas y Mas going up but seeing is believing so we will not hold our breath. Lo Crispin is a lovely area, my friend has just moved there and loves it. However, you must bear in mind that at some stage you will need the medical centre and you may not be able to drive, this also applies to shops.
I live on Doña Pepa and although not everyone's choice, we thought about our ages when we bought. We can easily get to shops, medical centre and a whole range of bars and retaurants.

For the person who complains about dog poo, this is a problem everywhere but instead of moaning or scrawling all over the pavements and leaving plastic bags (more litter).....I pick it up myself and put it in the nearest bin and we have plenty around....if something offends me and I can do something about it I do!!! just saying.......

good luck with your move

Thanks for the info, We have decided on a 6 month rental but will only be holidaying there and are not too old so medical centre issue no problem (yet)
garyizme

Next