Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Iberdrola Smart Meter APP

Iberdrola Smart Meter APP

Postby ajf1950 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:18 pm

A belated happy new year to everyone. I have recently had a smart meter fitted at my holiday villa which I welcome because hopefully I will be able to monitor my electricity usage when I am back in the UK.
I have downloaded the Iberdrola Distribucion APP to my iPhone. When I begin registration I get to a point where I am asked to enter my mobile number so they can send me a text messsge with a code for me to enter to complete my registration.
All simple and straightforward except they only allow a 9 digit number ( presumably a Spanish Mobile number ) my UK number has 11 digits so I can’t get past this point.

Anybody else had this problem ? Any suggestions how to proceed?
My plan B is to go to an Iberdrola office next time in Spain. Does anybody know where the nearest office is to Quesada.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
ajf1950

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta 2 Quesada

Re: Iberdrola Smart Meter APP

Postby suzi wong » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi,
We had same problem,went to office in Guardamar, and although they speak good english we had no joy. The only solution is buy a Spanish PAYG sim card. Hope this helps.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby zuby » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:02 pm

ajf1950 wrote:A belated happy new year to everyone. I have recently had a smart meter fitted at my holiday villa which I welcome because hopefully I will be able to monitor my electricity usage when I am back in the UK.
I have downloaded the Iberdrola Distribucion APP to my iPhone. When I begin registration I get to a point where I am asked to enter my mobile number so they can send me a text messsge with a code for me to enter to complete my registration.
All simple and straightforward except they only allow a 9 digit number ( presumably a Spanish Mobile number ) my UK number has 11 digits so I can’t get past this point.

Anybody else had this problem ? Any suggestions how to proceed?
My plan B is to go to an Iberdrola office next time in Spain. Does anybody know where the nearest office is to Quesada.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I had the same problem.

I called their office and they sorted it out remotely.

Good luck.
zuby

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby colint » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:45 pm

another way is ask somebody who lives in Spain and has a Spanish mobile if they dont mind using there number to receive the code when you get it easy to setup the app you just log into your account with the same user name and password then you can look how much you have used over the last bill you can not use the app to look at live readings this cost 155€ for the plugin box and software .
colint

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Calledali » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:50 pm

Try the office in Almoradi, the young lady in there is very helpful and speaks very good Englosh
Calledali

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby milor » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:22 pm

I had the same problem as I dont use my Spanish mobile any more. If you Google receive Spanish SMS on line for free, there are many web sites that will give you a Spanish SMS number. You then have to scroll through a few messages on line to find your code from Iberdrola. I used this method to set up my Smart Meter App.
milor

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby ajf1950 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:32 pm

Thanks for all the helpful comments.
I was surprised to read COLINT comment that I need a box costing €155 and software. It’s obviously a bit more complicated than I thought. Anybody else got the box & software ?
ajf1950

Postby colint » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:43 pm

Price has dropped to €119.50 https://www.iberdrola.es/home/services/equipment/consumption-monitor
I have just logged in again and yes you can look athe you usage by the hour without the consumption monitor that is for the app you just go to the website instead and log in and click on smart meter and click

it wasn't there last time i looked all it said was download the app and pay 150€
Colint
colint

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby ajf1950 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Great - Thanks COLINT I will check it out. Cheers
ajf1950

Postby jules1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:57 pm

I am having a problem with the CUPS reference which I have taken from my Bill. Does anybody know if I enter all the 20 digits including forwarding letters ES and the letters at the end of the reference?
jules1

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa