Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

RYANAIR unfair additional cost

RYANAIR unfair additional cost

Postby cardavis » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 pm

I am flying with Ryanair next month. I bought the ticket in advance and now I want to add a checked baggage to my booking but I am forced to pay an additional 40 euros just to bring a suitcase. I am utterly shocked and appalled that Ryanair is asking me to pay 40 euros for my suitcase which is utterly disgraceful and very expensive. It is basically the equivalent of buying a new airline ticket.
BRING BACK MONARCH AIRLINES. THEY WERE GREAT.

cardavis

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrvieja

Re: RYANAIR unfair additional cost

Postby dottyp53 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:48 am

Then fly with a different airline.

You are NOT forced to use Ryanair.
dottyp53

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby mondo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:35 am

Why anyone would fly Ryanair is beyond me... you can buy a ticket but you might not fly..it all depends on the whim of O´Leary..

I would rather pay a few quid extra than use this airline..

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Scott » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:31 am

Hello @ Cardavis, I understand the sentiment of your anger but Ryanair are a low-cost airline if all you require is the basic flight.
Baggage handling is carried out by an independent company that Ryanair pay to load and unload. Plus, the additional cost for space in the aircraft hold.
The recent change of their carry-on baggage policy at first glance also looks unfair but when analysed is designed to get the aircraft passengers loaded and unloaded quicker at no extra cost to the passenger.
Drop your hand luggage off at the bottom of the stairs, board the aircraft and sit down. Therefore, alleviating the problem of trying to pack suitcases in the overhead lockers thus slowing down the boarding procedure. The same is true for disembarking.
It can also be quite interesting to be allocated a seat next to a stranger and have a conversation for 2 or 3 hours knowing that you already have something in common such as booking the same airline going from the same departure point to the same destination.
I for one, regard Ryanair as a very reliable low-cost airline and will continue to fly with them.
This is only my personal opinion and judging by the amount off people I have heard complaining about Ryanair it also appears I am in the minority.
Scott

Postby Angela17 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:39 am

I will add about my experience with them over Christmas. As expected, because we hadn't paid extra, my husband and I were separated for our flight. I was sat between a lad in his twenties and a lady in her seventies and for the whole flight we couldn't stop talking, made the flight go very quickly! If I was sat next to my husband I would have read my book for the whole journey. Loved hearing about their stories instead!
Angela17

Postby Simp » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:59 am

Never had a problem with Ryan Air. 2000km for £60 or so if you book ahead. Amazing value. The only red flag I would wave would be at the French air traffic controllers who have kept us grounded several times.
Simp

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Zenia

Postby garyizme » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:07 am

If you book any extras including baggage, seat reservation etc. when you initially book the flight its much cheaper. Only 25-30 euros for a bag them. Ryanair are great. You just have to stick by their terms and conditions but everyone just ticks the box and does not read these.
garyizme

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Park

Postby golfpro » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:32 am

Don't bring the suitcase then.
golfpro

Postby fiona-jim » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:45 am

Ryanair is what it is. just need to accept the flights are relatively cheap for a reason
fiona-jim

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Dinkelharper » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:56 am

Adding checked luggage after you've done a booking is always expensive. Regardless of airline with very few exceptions.
Dinkelharper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Elche

Next