Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

electric boiler

Re: electric boiler

Postby dottyp53 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:02 pm

Agreed Daz...mine is on for 2 hours a day (in the morning - half price!)...enough for all washing-up and 2 showers per day.

It might well be that those needing to run for longer have seriously furred or silted-up heaters...time for a nice modern replacement maybe!!!

Just one other thing...I previously had mine on a digital timer, and found that it quite frequently tripped the electrics when it came on in the morning. Not sure why!
dottyp53

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby QUESADALAD » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:26 pm

Really Daz, i dont know im hopeless at diy,might have to get it checked out.Tony Tri thats a good idea i might try that.Thanks for the help folks :text-thankyouyellow:Boiler is just over 2 year old and have no problems with electric tripping up to now.Thanks again folks.
QUESADALAD

Which part of Spain are you from?: golf course

Postby Richard.H » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:09 am

Put it on a timer and tell the Mrs it’s on 24/7.
Richard.H

Postby Gasplumbman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:35 am

Its been proven that leaving any heating device on 24 hours costs more to run than timed,a thought any chance you have a small leak on hot supply drippy tsp etc.has been known
Gasplumbman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela costa

Postby manxmunk » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:33 am

Hi Quesadalad, have you ever considered changing your hot water system to a gas operated one? My neighbour and I did this a few years ago and haven't looked back since, instant hot water all the time. I go out to Spain twice a year, and only just changed my gas bottle when out at christmas, my neighbour who lives out there permanently and uses his hot water similar to yourself says his gas bottle lasts 3 months. Maybe worthwhile considering.
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby QUESADALAD » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 am

Ha Ha Richard,gasplumbman im not a plumber and no good at diy but cant see any leaks and a plumber but the boiler in for us,manxmunk when the natural gas came around there was no interest from our urbanazion so that was out but yes a friend of mine has bottled gas central heating but has 2/3 gas bottles outside im a bit stuck for space, but thanks all.
QUESADALAD

Which part of Spain are you from?: golf course

Postby daz » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:15 pm

you can buy a simple plug in timer, with 15 minute segments over a 24hr day, you can set as many of these segments as you like, its not complicated, and you don't need diy skills to do it either. the next time you are anywhere near somewhere like Al campo, or a carrefore, or any type electrical shop, get one, they are only a few euros. you could probably save your self a tidy amount on your electric bill.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Quesadasteve » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:05 pm

Interesting thread ...we leave our boiler on 24/7 ...boiler was replaced just before Xmas .
Only been here 3 months , just had a electric bill for €142 for 2 months ...there's only 2 of us ..no electric heating ..just oven and hob , fridge and washing machine and usual kettle and vacuum cleaner and tv ...bill seems high to me or perhaps that is average ??
Quesadasteve

Postby Black » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:09 pm

Quesadasteve wrote:Interesting thread ...we leave our boiler on 24/7 ...boiler was replaced just before Xmas .
Only been here 3 months , just had a electric bill for €142 for 2 months ...there's only 2 of us ..no electric heating ..just oven and hob , fridge and washing machine and usual kettle and vacuum cleaner and tv ...bill seems high to me or perhaps that is average ??

I'm averaging €120 a MONTH in our rented villa. Only two of us here too, and no electric water heater. It was a shock to me finding electricity bills are so much higher than in the UK.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby marcliff » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:03 pm

Quesadasteve wrote:Interesting thread ...we leave our boiler on 24/7 ...boiler was replaced just before Xmas .

€71 a month.
Of that, over half will be for power supply, IVA (at 21%), green taxes, insurance, meter rental and other things they can stick on. Only about €38 will be for electricity and it is high because the pound has taken such a hammering.
You'll be paying about half your bill whether you use any electricity or not as it's the way it works here.
Also contact your supplier to see if there's another tariff you can use. Day/Night for example.
My bill of nearly 200 euro for 2 months has been cut to around 145 for two months since we did that and we use electric for everything, including heating, cooling, hot water etc
All compensated for by my €242 a year council tax instead of monthly.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

PreviousNext