Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

electric boiler

electric boiler

Postby QUESADALAD » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:26 am

Hi A bit of advice please,For most of the year there is me and my wife living at home,I have my electric boiler on a timer for 4 hours on a morning 6am till 10 am and from 4pm till 8pm at night should that be enough for a shower each during the day and washing up etc my other half seems to think it should be on 24hours 7 days a week.thoughts please :text-thankyouyellow:
QUESADALAD

Which part of Spain are you from?: golf course

Re: electric boiler

Postby Montesinos Boy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:33 am

I have mine on for 2 hours in the morning from 7 till 9, and then 4 till 6 in the afternoon, plenty of hot water for showers, washing up etc.
Montesinos Boy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Montesinos

Postby TonTri » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:36 am

We have ours on from 7am to 11am and from 5pm to 9pm. We take our showers normally between 9 and 10am so the boiler has time to heat up again and we have plenty of hot water throughout the day.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby marcliff » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:17 pm

We left ours on permanently to start with and let the thermostat on the boiler do its thing.
Now we just have it on for a couple of hours in the morning and a couple of hours early evening and have plenty of hot water, even when we had four visitors. Electric bills came down quite a bit.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby QUESADALAD » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:50 pm

Thank you folks,I Wonder if it is because my boiler is not open to the elements no rain but also no SUN, It is under the stairs to the sunroof but has been enclosed so is inside.will that make any difference
QUESADALAD

Postby TonTri » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:05 pm

QUESADALAD wrote:Thank you folks,I Wonder if it is because my boiler is not open to the elements no rain but also no SUN, It is under the stairs to the sunroof but has been enclosed so is inside.will that make any difference

Lol, not unless it is solar powered! Ours is in a cupboard in the kitchen. Does your water not stay hot during the day then?
TonTri

Postby Black » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Interesting topic as I have been thinking about this. I was told that it's more economical to leave them on 24/7, but that seems illogical to me. I'll try a timer I think.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby QUESADALAD » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:06 pm

Tony Tri hard to tell just this morning wife had a shower after timing had finished and said water was not hot.so unless timer had malfunctioned i dont know, as i said to her im not up at 6am to check everything is ok. its on 24/7now so it will be hot all the time, but im like Tom 1957 i find this totally illogical just for 2 people and the cost.But there again if its off at 8pm till 6am its firing up from cold so may take longer but no complaints for weeks till today.
QUESADALAD

Postby TonTri » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Maybe just alter the timer to switch off at 11am so that it is on while she showers and then has a chance to heat back up again. Otherwise once it starts draining it will just fill up with cold water and wont heat up until the timer comes on again in the evening.
TonTri

Postby daz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:52 pm

Baffled by the need to have it switched on for so long, our boiler is in kitchen cupboard, i have a timer, its on for 45 mins about 9am and 30 mins bout 6pm, so 1.25 hr a day total, we have scolding hot water when ever we need it, 2 of us, shower each day, washing up etc.. i can only think you are getting too much cold water mixed in at the mixer tap, or something else is wrong somewhere from the socket, to the timer, to the boiler itself.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Next