Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Freesat stb

Advertise here for free any unwanted/secondhand items that you would like to sell or buy. For example: Household items/Bicycles/Garden furniture etc. Please include prices and photos, if possible.

Re: Freesat stb

Postby Babu » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:18 am

Firths and Lumsdens don't properly list items until a Thursday on their websites . . .
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Dinkelharper » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:18 am

Babu wrote:Firths and Lumsdens don't properly list items until a Thursday on their websites . . .

Maybe it would be an idea for them to put a note that says so.
Dinkelharper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Elche

Postby Dinkelharper » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:23 am

LeeG wrote:Have you checked to see if your TV has a decoder built-in. Usually a screw in plug next to the aerial socket, if has you don't need a box.

Both my tv's has those but it says Dvb-c which is cable-tv. Maybe they work for satellite too but then it should be Dvb-s. Having the dish re-aligned tomorrow and will keep fingers crossed that it will work without a box. This would be ideal. Otherwise I am looking for a cheap box with no fancy features for like 10-20 euros. The ones I have seen in shops are like 50-60 which I think is too expensive for what I need.
Dinkelharper

Postby Takerman » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:32 am

Hi, I have a Sony Freesat box you can not record on it but you can get all Freesat channels,bearing in mind you will need a Sat dish of at least 1.4 meters also a Sat Finder.
both for 15 Euros.
Takerman

Which part of Spain are you from?: La mata

Postby Dinkelharper » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:48 am

Thanks all for your help and info. Had it sorted yesterday and now see all U.K. Channels. Locked Fransat box did work with a little help manually changing codes. I guess the French are not that good at locking their electronics to provider. Awesome picture and lots of channels. Dish is soooo recommended over iptv.
Dinkelharper

Previous