Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Laptop repair needed

Re: Laptop repair needed

Postby Trevor52 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:56 am

Paul at Quesada Computers. Always fixes my computer and you are supporting local businesses.
Trevor52

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada 2

Postby mikeandlianne » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:46 am

Hi,

I had a licensing issue with my copy of windows 10 after installing new hardware - I went onto the online help section of the microsoft website and they sorted it online via 1to1 support chat if that helps.

Mike
mikeandlianne

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Roach » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:33 pm

Download and run 'removeWAT'. It removes the OS requirement for the windows product key. I have used it on windows 7 many a time with perfect success.
Roach

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Miguel

Postby jpeg » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:04 pm

:twisted: :twisted:
Roach wrote:Download and run 'removeWAT'. It removes the OS requirement for the windows product key. I have used it on windows 7 many a time with perfect success.

And then you will be running an illegal copy of Windows
:twisted:
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Roach » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:55 pm

jpeg wrote::twisted: :twisted:
Roach wrote:Download and run 'removeWAT'. It removes the OS requirement for the windows product key. I have used it on windows 7 many a time with perfect success.

And then you will be running an illegal copy of Windows
:twisted:

How so?

The copy of windows is already bought and paid for and he is entitled to a copy of it on that machine. All removewat does is stop the OS from hassling you for a code (which should be recognised in light that is came with the machine) every 5 minutes.
Roach

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Miguel

Postby jpeg » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:46 pm

You do not buy a copy of Windows what you pay for is a licence to use the software Windows still belongs to Microsoft
It may be that the Poster has downloaded a later version of Windows that was on the laptop when he bought it and the opwerating system is not recognising it because it is not tied to the product key that is tied to the laptop Microsoft stopped free upgrades to Windows 10 some time ago and are charging 99 pounds for an upgrade from Windows 7

However it does not seem to be a problem to the poster as he or she has not responded to any of the posts
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Previous