Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Golf Hotel Quesada

Re: Golf Hotel Quesada

Postby donaduo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:16 am

GLASSMAN wrote:
TonTri wrote:The Chip Inn have just sold the lease on their shop as there is now a construction company there. Surely no-one would buy a lease if there was any imminent chance of the property being closed down.

I agree with Mickey Braw and very much doubt that, even if a hotel is built, that they would do away with the businesses already there as they bring in visitors and hence revenue to the area.

The digging currently going on outside is trenches for gas/electric/fibre - take your pick!

some one took the lease on for MJs the Arches,only to be moved out by the landlord a few months later?

I think this forum would read much better if people didn’t speculate about what’s going on around and about.

The land opposite Consum (Dona Pepa) is reported to become an Aldi, Petrol Station, SpaceX booster rocket landing site. OK, that last one was mine.

Why can’t people wait to find out what’s happening. A speculated ‘Welcome addition’ becomes a nightmare proposition for someone else and the whole sorry story gets nasty and has to be shut down.

Patience everyone, patience.
donaduo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby 3minicoopers » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:00 pm

Thank you all for taking the time to reply, gives us something to think about.

Julie
3minicoopers

Postby Mickey Braw » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:02 pm

:text-goodpost:
donaduo wrote:
GLASSMAN wrote:
TonTri wrote:The Chip Inn have just sold the lease on their shop as there is now a construction company there. Surely no-one would buy a lease if there was any imminent chance of the property being closed down.

I agree with Mickey Braw and very much doubt that, even if a hotel is built, that they would do away with the businesses already there as they bring in visitors and hence revenue to the area.

The digging currently going on outside is trenches for gas/electric/fibre - take your pick!

some one took the lease on for MJs the Arches,only to be moved out by the landlord a few months later?

I think this forum would read much better if people didn’t speculate about what’s going on around and about.

The land opposite Consum (Dona Pepa) is reported to become an Aldi, Petrol Station, SpaceX booster rocket landing site. OK, that last one was mine.

Why can’t people wait to find out what’s happening. A speculated ‘Welcome addition’ becomes a nightmare proposition for someone else and the whole sorry story gets nasty and has to be shut down.

Mickey Braw

Postby Drama Queen » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:24 pm

The blue barriers around the shops, and channels dug in the road were for gas pipes. Thet were to service the Ali Baba and, I presume, other restaurants - which I would think unlikely if the shops were to be pulled down.
Drama Queen

Which part of Spain are you from?: Near the golf course

Postby Johnny » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:29 pm

Well I have heard, that if the hotel is going to be built it is going behind the 10 tee .
But who knows all is speculation and everything grows arms and legs, as things go round.
All will see as time goes on and on
Johnny

Postby dottyp53 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:30 pm

donaduo wrote:

Hear hear, Donaduo. The endless speculation is SO boring.

What happens happens. No-one on this forum is going to have any influence...what will or won't be built will be known by the various developers..!
dottyp53

Postby Justjan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:44 am

Im sure what is or isnt going to be built will not interfere with the existing businesses at all, but will enhance, the already , busy, vibrant area around the golf course. The blue barracades have already been removed and parking is back to normal. Lots of work on the course its self, elevated tees and water features. All work in my opinion enhancing the area and attracting even more visitors to marquasa. It must be good for existing businesses and for house prices in the area. Long may they continue to spend money and improve this area,as i am a happy full time resident here.
Justjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby TonTri » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:10 am

dottyp53 wrote:Hear hear, Donaduo. The endless speculation is SO boring.

What happens happens. No-one on this forum is going to have any influence...what will or won't be built will be known by the various developers..!

Speculation may be boring but the OP was expressing concerns about buying in the area due to the potential removal of the existing amenities so you are bound to get the different hearsay replies.

To the OP, I wouldnt worry, we live not far from La Marquesa and it is our local drinking, eating and shopping area. I think whether they build a hotel or not, they wont diminish the existing amenities and, if anything, may enhance them.
TonTri

Postby Rodt » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Lovely area to live,we haven't seen anywhere that compares or even come close,I think a hotel will make the area even more inviting,the golf course is spending mega money on improvements, just had our road all resurfaced, palms trimmed,new Belgian bar opened the list goes on,wouldn't entertain being in any other area,we love it as do all our neighbors :D
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Postby Molypam » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:15 pm

quote="Rodt"]Lovely area to live,we haven't seen anywhere that compares or even come close,I think a hotel will make the area even more inviting,the golf course is spending mega money on improvements, just had our road all resurfaced, palms trimmed,new Belgian bar opened the list goes on,wouldn't entertain being in any other area,we love it as do all our neighbors :D[/quote]
We love the area too
Molypam

Which part of Spain are you from?: marquesa golf

PreviousNext