Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Golf Hotel Quesada

Golf Hotel Quesada

Postby 3minicoopers » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:42 pm

Hi, we are currently looking to purchase a holiday home for ourselves and friends and family, we have done a fair bit of research and decided the La Marquesa Golf area is the place we'd like to purchase. Doing a little bit more research on this forum I noticed someone had mentioned the possible development of a Hotel at the golf course where the restaurants and pubs etc currently are. My reason for picking this area was mostly based on these amenities being right on the doorstep. Does anyone know if there's any truth in it our just rumours?

Thanks in advance

Julie
3minicoopers

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Golf Hotel Quesada

Postby golfpro » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:11 pm

I did consider purchasing a property by the golf course at one time but I'm so glad now I didn't after hearing from a very good source that the construction of a hotel is definitely going to go ahead at some point.
golfpro

Postby Molypam » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:32 pm

Not sure if the hotel would be such a bad thing - may be they will still lease some premises to the bars/ restaurants with a new face lift that would come with such a development !
Keeping positive I think!!
Molypam

Which part of Spain are you from?: marquesa golf

Postby golfpro » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:00 am

Molypam,

Yes I agree with you 100% but unfortunately there are so many on this site that won't so sad.
golfpro

Postby Mickey Braw » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:17 am

I think a golf hotel would enhance the area, though whether this is imminent, I doubt very much.
Whatever way, the commercials around Justo´s fountain are very necessary and were there a new hotel complex planned, I would imagine there would be provision made for those or similar businesses in the project.
It would not turn me off of buying in the area, provided I wasn´t too close to where any building works would be going on, I hate those hammer drills.
Mickey Braw

Postby iant » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:11 am

That rumour has been doing the rounds for at least 10 years. Every time a JCB appears comes the story of an hotel. Would doubt if it would ever get built.
iant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Central Quesada

Postby GLASSMAN » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:46 am

theres work going outside the shops at the moment blue pedestrian barriers went in place a week ago ,and also last summer they were doing geo testing of the ground ,the sign of the firm doing the testing was stuck on the wire fence next to Punjabi palace,and was still there last week.
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby TonTri » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:52 am

The Chip Inn have just sold the lease on their shop as there is now a construction company there. Surely no-one would buy a lease if there was any imminent chance of the property being closed down.

I agree with Mickey Braw and very much doubt that, even if a hotel is built, that they would do away with the businesses already there as they bring in visitors and hence revenue to the area.

The digging currently going on outside is trenches for gas/electric/fibre - take your pick!
TonTri

Postby jpeg » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:08 am

I understand that the Shops are going to be built up 1 level
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby GLASSMAN » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:24 am

TonTri wrote:The Chip Inn have just sold the lease on their shop as there is now a construction company there. Surely no-one would buy a lease if there was any imminent chance of the property being closed down.

I agree with Mickey Braw and very much doubt that, even if a hotel is built, that they would do away with the businesses already there as they bring in visitors and hence revenue to the area.

The digging currently going on outside is trenches for gas/electric/fibre - take your pick!

some one took the lease on for MJs the Arches,only to be moved out by the landlord a few months later?
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Next