Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

estate agent / holiday rental help

If you have had good service and would like to recommend a reputable Company or a Tradesman or woman, please do so here.

estate agent / holiday rental help

Postby Spoken » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:15 pm

Hi

I have a 3 bedroom house in quesada I’d like to rent out as a holiday let. Can anyone be kind enough to advise me, who the best estate agents are to speak to?im currently in the uk and have emailed a couple but both have advised me they don’t do rentals.
Thanks for the help!
Spoken

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: estate agent / holiday rental help

Postby jbeckybo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi

sent you a pm

regards
Michelle
jbeckybo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby walnut » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:23 am

You may be better dealing with a UK holiday website and then employing a company over here to do key holding and change over cleans.
walnut

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby TonTri » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:04 am

walnut wrote:You may be better dealing with a UK holiday website and then employing a company over here to do key holding and change over cleans.

I agree with Walnut. We looked into various rental companies and settled on using HomeAway/Owners Direct (same company) to advertise our apartment with and we use Quesada Housesitters to manage the property while we are in the UK.

Last year was our first year of renting out the apartment and we had bookings for nearly 4 months throughout the summer and we are already booked this year for all of July and the first 3 weeks of August. It more than covers the annual running costs.

Also, if you havent already done so, apply for the Tourist Rental Licence. There are disputes on whether it is necessary but we have got ours just to be on the safe side.
TonTri

Postby GLASSMAN » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:25 am

You'll not go wrong with contacting jpeg, on this forum.............
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby william » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:50 pm

I don't think there is any dispute reference tourist licence you rent you home out short term you need a licence please read the ruling from the Valencia community.
william

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Rodt » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:19 pm

Pm properties,quesada,very good service,family concern.
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Postby TonTri » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:56 pm

william wrote:I don't think there is any dispute reference tourist licence you rent you home out short term you need a licence please read the ruling from the Valencia community.

Apparently there is a disagreement in the interpretation of the ruling. If I had gone by the advice given to me by the first lawyers I contacted I wouldnt have applied, they say you only need a licence if you have more than one property. However after various discussions on here I decided it was better to be safe than sorry, especially as it doesnt cost anything.
TonTri

Postby Kenbo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:52 am

Tontri
It may have been posted elsewhere previously but would you mind saying how/where you apply for this license.
Thanks, Ken.
Kenbo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Florida

Postby TonTri » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:32 am

Hi Kenbo

Here's a previous long thread on the subject. There's a link in there (page 4) to the form you need to download. We just filled it in and took it to Quesada Post Office, they stamped it to verify it as received and checked and posted it off for us. It took about 5 months to get the approval through from the tourist board but we did rent out the apartment while waiting as we had the stamped receipt from the PO. It was fairly straightforward and only cost postage.

http://www.talkquesada.com/quesada-general-discussion-f9/holiday-home-rental-licence-t18618-30.html
TonTri

Next