Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Santa Pola for lunch

Santa Pola for lunch

Postby Mac3blade » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:02 am

i expect most of you are familiar with Santa Pola. We used to visit it years ago when we first bought but were not prepared for the massive changes made recently. We drove over one day last winter and truthfully,did not know where we were,such were the changes. So,yesterday we decided to go over and spend a few hours relaxing. We parked in the car park beside the marina....if a car park could be described as beautiful,this one fits the bill. Large concrete planters filled with a palm tree and masses of colourful flowers are set out all the way down either side of the car park with is almost surrounded by water. The far side is where you buy tickets to travel over by boat or the faster jet buses to Tarbacca.
As we walked a few paces,we decided to have a coffee in a lovely place on the edge of the marina close to the entrance of the car park. The sun was shining and many other people were relaxing and chatting away too. We got into conversation with a retired English vicar and his wife who were travelling around in their motor home and enjoyed hearing about their travels. Close to lunchtime, we left and said goodbye to our chatty neighbours and walked a short way along the prom. We immediately came upon a very attractive restaurant offering a menu diario for €12.50. Lovely ratten tables covered in white clothes and shiny polished glasses beckoned. The food was exceptional. 3 starters were duly brought to the table to be shared consisting of the usual salad, stuffed peppers and the most delicious calamaries. I had a glass of wine and my has added had a cana. Bread was also included. The peppers were absolutely delicious too. The next course offered a paella, chicken dish and mixed fish. I selected the mixed fish and Alastair had the chicken which was served in an orange sauce. Yet again, both were delicious. Dessert came next..the usual choices, I ordered the chocolate cake and he had Tiramisu. A glass of Agua con gas along with all the above ....... and the bill was €27 for two people. Toilets were immaculate, service excellent and location stunning. On the wall of the restaurant was a knife,fork and spoon plaque which must have some significance in Spain. We then walked to the end to the marina and onto the footpath which takes you back to the Town or if you turn left,you can walk to the light house at the far end.

A day out is so pleasant! Any suggestions where we should go next week? This is the time of year to enjoy outings like this before it becomes too hot and too busy.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Re: Santa Pola for lunch

Postby TonTri » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:45 am

Funnily enough we did Santa Pola marina on Thursday as we changed the hire car. I think we parked in the car park you mention. We stopped for coffee and a tostada and watched the fishermen with their nets. As you say, it's a lovely place for a day out.

Another place you might want to try if you havent been recently is not too far away at Playa El Pinet, Restaurante Gallego Playa. It is nothing to look at as you approach from the carpark and in fact the area looks shut. We went there the week before last and it has a wonderful terrace right on the beach. It was really busy with many people coming and going midday-ish. Decent menu, but there is another restaurant a little further down the rather drab line of buildings, Hostal Maruja which we are going to try next time. That also has a terrace on the beach and seemed a better menu.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Babu » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Ton Tri
Please don't promote El Pinet too much . . . . that's our beach escape during Peak Season when everywhere else is rammed!! :text-lol:
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Mac3blade » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:31 pm

On the n332, where do we exit for this secret location? Plan to go tomorrow
Mac3blade

Postby TonTri » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:33 pm

There's a junction after the Iceland/San Fulgencia roundabout signposted La Marina and playas, N332a. Go along this road through La Marina and El Pinet villages until you see a signpost for Platja del Pinet off on the right. Follow this road down and go right at the bottom. You will see lots of camper vans :D . Alternatively you should be able to find it on Google maps.

I hope you enjoy it.
TonTri

Postby Mac3blade » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:26 pm

Brilliant, now I know where you mean. We plan to drive over tomorrow possibly but Ulster are playing Rugby which may very well curtail my plans! We will get there soon and I will let you know how we get on.
Mac3blade

Postby TonTri » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:10 pm

Babu wrote:Ton Tri
Please don't promote El Pinet too much . . . . that's our beach escape during Peak Season when everywhere else is rammed!! :text-lol:

Sorry Babu. Just thought it was so lovely we should share it with the locals ;)
TonTri

Postby clivespana » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:01 am

Mac3blade, so sorry The Scarlets spoiled your day! (Not really)
clivespana

Postby geoffllo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:19 am

Mac3blade the restaurant sounds lovely. Any idea what it's called??
Geoff.
geoffllo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby Mac3blade » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:49 am

My husband thinks it may be called La Taberna de Lucia... rated 4 star on Trip advisor. Get there before 3pm as there will be a long wait according to google. Passos Adolfo Suarez

I will try to give you the directions...
Park at Marina car park. As you walk out, keep the water on your left hand side and you will see the lovely coffee/ drinks place at the water’s edge where we had our morning coffee. Walk to the side of it and you will see all of the restaurants ahead of you...a few steps and you can’t miss it. Go early if you want a good seat at the front although there were lots of tables and chairs..about 4 deep. Enjoy and report back please. We are off to Playa de Pinet today!
Car park is a pay and display..we were parked for a few hours and it cost about €4.50
Mac3blade

Next