Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Non residents tax (previously wealth tax)

Non residents tax (previously wealth tax)

Postby Curious » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:41 pm

I have recently been on another forum where I was told the Suma office was able to work out the non residents tax and collect from your bank by direct debit once you have set it up with them. No form filling (210) it’s all worked out for you and the tax collected. I started by using a solicitor but in recent years have used Spanish Tax Forms online, a UK company which do it for a small fee and are very good. However if the Suma office do it for free and a DD is set up it’s all done for you.
Has anyone else just gone to their Suma office and asked them to set this up? Our Suma office is in Algorfa and depending who you are dealing with may or may not be helpful. Property Suma is worked out by the Suma office and can be taken via DD but I’ve not heard of them setting up the same for non-residents tax.
Has anyone else set this up with their Suma office? it would take the headache of arranging the forms to be filled in and making payment if all done by the Suma office on your behalf. Plus a bonus of no fees being charged.
I’d be really interested to hear if anyone else does this and I’ve missed a trick. TIA
Curious

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Re: Non residents tax (previously wealth tax)

Postby Pete31 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:18 pm

We use a local firm on our doorstep, it's easy and strait forward as of going to a Suma office nope not for me.

Pete.
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Postby Curious » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:26 pm

Who do you use and how much do they charge.
Curious

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:28 pm

, in torrevieja charge around €70
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby mariellana » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:23 am

I pay my Suma direct from the Bank have done for 11 years no problem .no extra fees either .very happy with my non residents assessments from Suma.
mariellana

Which part of Spain are you from?: Callosa de segura

Postby Janjan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:44 am

The answer surely is to enquire at your local Suma Office. It's Spain after all and different Offices and Councils seem to offer different facilities.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby marcliff » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:52 am

I know it's a bit late but just one correction. Non resident income tax was never called wealth tax. Wealth tax, or patrimonio, is totally different and still exists for both residents and non-residents.
It was set to zero (not cancelled) in 2008. It was restored in 2011 with a large tax base.
You have an allowance of €700,000 plus an allowance of €300,000 on your main home. (Non-residents can't claim it as their main home).
If you are a couple resident in Spain your tax allowance will be €2,000,000. Non-residents get a paltry allowance of just €1,400,000.
Non-resident tax is a tax on the benefit you received from owning a second home. If you get rental income from your property (and declare it for tax) you will not be liable to non-resident income tax.
Pension rights are not included in the assessment of how rich (or poor) you are.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Janjan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:06 pm

It was called Wealth Tax in 1997 when we bought our Holiday Home and was paid every year by our Fiscal Rep until we became Resident and then they did our Yearly Personal Tax Accounts. Some people got away without paying by not keeping a Fiscal Rep but were warned when selling it would mean more Tax being paid. I'm glad Spain is catching up on these Tax Dodgers.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area