Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Is Carrefour Torrevieja open today?

Re: Is Carrefour Torrevieja open today?

Postby Dinkelharper » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:35 pm

suzi wong wrote:Everyone is different fortunately or everywhere would either be very busy or very quiet, but it does seem strange to close stores on probably one of their their busiest days,even more so when about 50% of youths are unemployed in Spain & thats probably one of the days most of them work.

I agree that it is sad that so many youths are unemployed. However, keeping stores open on Sundays will not solve that problem. Why would Sunday be the day that most of them work as you say? I don't think stores will hire more people to just work Sundays. Sunday shifts will probably go to already trained and existing staff that may need more hours. I think that having Sundays closed is part of Spanish way of living and I am sure that 99% of those who complain are not Spaniards but instead foreigners that have chosen to live in Spain but want to change everything to be more like "home". Sadly, that would make it not being Spain.
Dinkelharper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Elche

Postby suzi wong » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:52 pm

I certainly don't want Spain to be like UK, but if shops are open nobody compels anyone to actually go to them. On the employment front i know of two people who have lost sunday supermarket jobs because of the closures,but i suppose we'll have to agree to disagree lifes too short for anything else.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby TerryG » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:40 pm

I suspect that the vast majority of people are not bothered about shopworkers losing money, but are miffed because their lives have been slightly inconvenienced a little.

That's the impression I get from reading forum comments.
TerryG

Postby elchedave » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:34 pm

TerryG
Be careful what you say, the forum police will delete your comments like they did mine on another thread!!!!!
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Scipio » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:14 pm

elchedave wrote:TerryG
Be careful what you say, the forum police will delete your comments like they did mine on another thread!!!!!

?????
For what ?
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby elchedave » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:48 am

I made an innocent comment about people relying on forum members giving out chapter & verse on events etc in the area after someone had requested more info & in English instead of taking the info provided & looking into it further themselves, my comment was meant to help ease the pressure on the person providing the original information who spends(in my opinion) more than enough of his time helping forum members. My comment (like this probably will) was deleted.
elchedave

Postby Jan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:28 am

If you really need it fully explained on this topic Elchdave...The comment you made (twice) on another thread had complaints by other members and your unnecessary comment was directed at a new member who had asked an innocent question on Martins fiesta topic (which Martin had already answered perfectly well, as always) and the last thing we want to do on this forum is make any new member feel like they wish they hadn't posted. In fact one member said your comment had offended them too.

A certain minority of members complain that we occasionally remove posts for no good reason These members have usually come from other forums where 'anything goes' but enjoy winding up on forums that want to stay friendly and helpful -If anyone wonders why they leave these other forums, the answer is probably obvious really - They don't like being bullied, abused, made fun of either and if anything goes they have no fun.
To clarify we always remove for a good reason. We do not remove on a whim but mostly from complaints and if a post is unfriendly, not in keeping with our policies or worse still abusive it will get removed by our moderators.

Thank you
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby elchedave » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:29 am

Jan,
I certainly aren't one of those "other forums" people, in fact I am aware of some if not most of them & I sometimes disagree with their comments, I am not easily offended though & never feel the need to report them.
I myself was subject to an offensive (to me) post some time ago when offering free tickets to an Elche CF football match through this very forum, I didn't complain, I just thought "idiot" & left it at that.
I still feel my comments weren't offensive but i apologise to anyone who thought different. I was merely suggesting that people should perhaps seek further information themselves, after all, what better way of exploring & finding places is there than "doing it yourself"
As there are so many sensitive people around, I will think seriously how to word any comments i may or may not post in the future
Dave.
Last edited by elchedave on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
elchedave

Postby Jan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:33 am

Elchedave - It doesn't always mean members are sensitive if they take umbrage with certain comments but thank you for your understanding and lets allow this topic to go back on topic.

Thank you.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Scipio » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:19 am

Thanks for the explanation.
Back on topic.
I wouldn't usually use Penny's at Playa Flamenca but because of the bigger shops being shut I went in on Sunday and was surprised at how competitive the prices were.
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Previous