Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Airport to Quesada / Taxi Share Sunday 11th?

Airport to Quesada / Taxi Share Sunday 11th?

Postby Sunny B » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi all
Just wondered if anyone is arriving into Alicante around lunchtime on Sunday and if so would you like to share a taxi with me?! I foolishly left my car at the villa instead of at the airport as we’d planned to drive over in April but have had to postpone. I did think I might take a bus which I undstand runs from the airport to Torrie or Rojales. Have any of you used the bus and if so is it quite straight forward?
Priscilla :-)
Sunny B

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Airport to Quesada / Taxi Share Sunday 11th?

Postby marcliff » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:24 pm

Bus goes to Torrevieja only with no stops on the way. It's just under €7 one way but then the taxi from Torrevieja is about 20 to 25 euro.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby daz » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:24 pm

yes used this several times, walk up to the top floor, or the floor that buses go from anyway, I'm sure its sign posted, there are 4 individual bus stops big enough for one bus each, each stop has its destination written in massive letters so you cant get it wrong, they arrive and depart on a two hour cycle at each end, on the hour but not sure which way round, for example depart from airport to torre at 10am, 12, 2pm etc.. and then departs torre back to airport at 11am, 1pm 3pm etc...last time we paid 6.92 eu, but the crafty driver did not give me all my change and I did not realise until it was too late. other than that, straight forward. good luck
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Shiva » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:23 pm

marcliff wrote:Bus goes to Torrevieja only with no stops on the way. It's just under €7 one way but then the taxi from Torrevieja is about 20 to 25 euro.

So, basically, it will cost c. 32 euro to get to Quesada using the airport bus plus taxi route. OK. Then cost in your time, waiting for next bus, how long bus takes etc. I refrain from suggesting a rate as the value of your own time is very subjective...but overall it looks like it will take a couple of hours, even if you are lucky enough to time yr arrival close to bus times...Whereas, Just stepping into an airport taxi and getting straight to Quesada in about 30 mins..at a cost of c. 55 euro by airport taxi... To me, a no brainer but,Well, you pays yr money, takes yr choice...
Shiva

Postby Jan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:02 pm

Or use QuesadaTaxi for €45 (See advert)
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Shiva » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:09 pm

Jan wrote:Or use QuesadaTaxi for €45 (See advert)

So even more reason to just take a taxi... ( you need to book quesada taxis in advance,though)
Shiva

Postby Sunny B » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:04 pm

Thank you everyone for all the helpful info.
Sunny B

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby daz » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:03 pm

Shiva wrote:
marcliff wrote:Just stepping into an airport taxi and getting straight to Quesada in about 30 mins..at a cost of c. 55 euro by airport taxi... To me, a no brainer but,Well, you pays yr money, takes yr choice...

wow, 55eu ??, interesting to know how much it CAN cost, to me and most people I'm guessing it IS a brainer, lol, but if you have the money for such an expense, then that is great for you, wish I had, thank for updating me on how much stuff can cost if I don't look after my money.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby GLASSMAN » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:48 pm

your not kidding 55€ expensive , not bad if three or 4 of you share the expense , personaly I,d take the bus to torre ,then the bus to guardamar or rojales town and then depending were I,m stopping walk it,but I watch my money, and aint a cash rich pensioner unfortunatly. :( :(
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby elchedave » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:41 pm

Well said Glassman!!!
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Next