Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New Aldi

Re: New Aldi

Postby Carel » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:56 am

SharonSpain wrote:Just in case we need another large supermarket, be interesting to see if there's any truth in the rumour that the flattened area by the white boxes on Lemon Tree Road is going to be a new Consum.

Yes is going to be a Consum, I live on the other side of the street.

On Av. del Salvador.

But the plot looks very big for only Consum, maybe they are planning for other shops/pubs, etc. as in the other Consum area by Jysk.
Carel

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Re: New consum

Postby paul265 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:18 pm

Does anyone know how I can obtain a site map of the new Consum being built by the Lemon Tree Rd. Intrigued to know (a) where the building itself will go & (b) where the way in & exit is proposed. I believe from our Presidente in the nearby villas, who talks with the Council periodically, that only a supermarket is proposed & nothing else. However, he has no further information atm.
Regards
Paul
paul265

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby linkwater » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:28 pm

I've heard a rumour that yet another supermarket is being built near the playground at the back of the old airport hangers.
Select Air Conditioning – Mark White
Email: [email protected]
Telephone:
Fixed line: 966719362
Mobile: 647 171 531
linkwater

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Roach » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:23 am

Although a large choice of supermarkets is good, i really wish that more investment will come to the area in the way of improved bus services linking all main towns and urbanisations. Go to the canaries and you can get a bus all day and night everyday. Here there's like two a day between coastal routes.
Roach

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Miguel

Postby Jan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:50 am

Roach wrote:Although a large choice of supermarkets is good, i really wish that more investment will come to the area in the way of improved bus services linking all main towns and urbanisations. Go to the canaries and you can get a bus all day and night everyday. Here there's like two a day between coastal routes.

:text-goodpost:

Yes I agree. I did used to think it was to to do with the Taxi companies having a 'bigger influence' on the council but not so sure these days as Rojales has a good bus service and in essence it's the same council who makes decisions for Quesada.
I do wonder whether it's still the fact that 'in the minds of the council' we (Quesada) are still the little suburb of Rojales that we started out as and although Quesada is still suburbia, as far as Rojales is concerned, it has grown into a town in its own right and needs to be recognised as such to get the bus services it deserves.
The excuse that someone said recently, in talking about the lack of bus services, about Quesada being an area full of British with cars and not needing a bus service, is very out of date. There are so many different nationalities now, including Spanish, and the area and population has grown so much over the years that the subject of bus services in Quesada needs to be revisited by the council.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby linkwater » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:31 pm

I think the trouble with the Bus service is that not many use it because it's infrequent and the Bus company doesn't increase the frequency because not many use it. It just needs a "noddy train" to go round the areas before going on to Torrevieja and Guardamar on a constant loop.
Select Air Conditioning – Mark White
Email: [email protected]
Telephone:
Fixed line: 966719362
Mobile: 647 171 531
linkwater

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby marcliff » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:41 pm

When we moved to Quesada about 9 or 10 years ago, there were bus stops put up all over the place. From Cooper's down to the hotel there were 3 or 4 put up. Also a fair few along the road by the Canal pharmacy up to the airport road.
When we came back about 6 months later they had all disappeared.
I don't know if it was wishful thinking or that nobody used the buses but they were there and then vanished.
I quite regularly see the Guardamar bus come past Cooper's but there never ever seems to be anyone on it or maybe 2 people at most.
Perhaps they don't advertise the times very well or they run at inconvenient times but you can't, for example, go to Guardamar or Torrevieja for a night out by using buses.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby mondo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:52 pm

We have used the bus from Rojales to Guardamar and to Carrefour and Torrevieja, La Mata etc...... sometimes there was just us on it.. a bus company cannot run a service on occupancy like that...

In Gran Alacant they have a little train that loops through the urb all day... that would be great in Quesada... but some of the hills are tough so not sure if they could cope with those....but a road train would tie all the urbs together and I am sure benefit all the bars and shops...
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Jan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:37 pm

marcliff wrote:When we moved to Quesada about 9 or 10 years ago, there were bus stops put up all over the place. From Cooper's down to the hotel there were 3 or 4 put up. Also a fair few along the road by the Canal pharmacy up to the airport road.
When we came back about 6 months later they had all disappeared.
I don't know if it was wishful thinking or that nobody used the buses but they were there and then vanished.
I quite regularly see the Guardamar bus come past Cooper's but there never ever seems to be anyone on it or maybe 2 people at most.
Perhaps they don't advertise the times very well or they run at inconvenient times but you can't, for example, go to Guardamar or Torrevieja for a night out by using buses.

Yes, the stops were there (even 13/14 years ago) but no buses were ever allocated to run the route - Which could have easily been a well used route around the Quesada urbanisations once it was publicised and over time. However, my theory was that it was a planning stipulation to provide a bus service (same as the planning permission that often has to agree to include play-parks for children and other recreation areas). The play parks etc are sometimes built before the new planned building work takes place and then occasionally are left to go to wreck and ruin, if the building work doesn't go ahead, as happened in parts of Dona Pepa years ago.
I believe a similar thing happened with the bus stops. Once they were built and the planning was agreed, there was never the incentive to put the buses on as the areas were not fully occupied or as occupied as they are now, and the bus stops became overgrown and then they were removed (that took a few years).
If the service was put on in the last few years it would take off and personally I believe it would be reasonably well used.

The bus to Guardamar is used, but you hit the nail on the head when you say they 'they don't advertise the times very well or they run at inconvenient times'. The times are too sporadic.

We only need to see the posts on this forum to know that a couple of good bus services are needed (beach and urbanisations) and if well publicised with a decent timetable they would be used.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Previous