Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Spanish Fiscal certificate

Spanish Fiscal certificate

Postby hobnob » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:35 pm

Hi All...need a new Spanish fiscal certificate...ie, a certificate that says I am a fiscal resident of Spain. The lawyer organised my last one...Now I need an up to date certificate to send to the British tax person. Has anyone out their in Forum land organised their own certificate or should I just go back to the lawyer.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Re: Spanish Fiscal certificate

Postby geoffllo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:48 am

A friend of mine wanted one, and tried to get one online on the Spanish tax authority's website. Although it appears that you can do it, the system repeatedly told him that it wasn't possible. In the end I went with him to the AEAT office in Elche. I explained to the member of staff in there what my friend had been trying to do, and he said "It's not possible online, you have to come in and ask for it"! Within a couple of minutes he printed out a document in Spanish and English, which was acceptable to HMRC in UK.
Geoff.
geoffllo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby jpeg » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:50 am

I just sent them my NIE certificate copy and they accepted that
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby QUESADALAD » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:10 pm

Hi a bit of advice please, I thanks to my solicitor have just received my first Fiscal Certificate to say i am now a resident in Spain.who do i send this to the HMRC tax office in the uk or to my ex employee (British gas) who pay my private pension, or to both.

:text-thankyouyellow:
QUESADALAD

Which part of Spain are you from?: golf course

Postby Paulr » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:25 pm

QUESADALAD wrote:Hi a bit of advice please, I thanks to my solicitor have just received my first Fiscal Certificate to say i am now a resident in Spain.who do i send this to the HMRC tax office in the uk or to my ex employee (British gas) who pay my private pension, or to both.

:text-thankyouyellow:

I'd send a copy to both - if British Gas deducts tax at source from your pension payments, they may need it, and HMRC will need it to ensure that you're not being taxed twice on your pension, in line with the Dual Taxation Agreement between the UK and Spain.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby QUESADALAD » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:17 pm

Paulr thank you for your reply i will do that,
QUESADALAD

Which part of Spain are you from?: golf course