Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Swimming pool lights

Swimming pool lights

Postby maryann » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:58 am

One of two lights in our pool is not working presumably because the bulb is used up. It is towards the top but under water. Please can anybody tell me if I will have to drain the pool till below the bulb line in order to change the bulb?

Thanking you in advance for any replies.
maryann

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Re: Swimming pool lights

Postby Trevor52 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:51 am

You do not have to drain the pool. Pool lights normally have a length of cable wrapped around the rear of the plastic casing in order to facilitate the changing of the light bulbs at the side of the pool.
Trevor52

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada 2

Postby golfpro » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:07 am

Its depends what type of light fitting you have fitted in your pool there are ones that require the water drained below the light so as to change the build this is the type I've got in my pool.
golfpro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby geoffllo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:05 am

I agree with Trevor52, you rarely need to drain the pool as there should be enough cable to get the light onto the coping stones of the pool.
99% of pools have either one or the other of the two main types of light. One type is dished into the pool wall and has a sealed beam headlamp, similar to those fitted in old cars. These lamps are sold in electrical wholesalers and pool shops. The other type of light is mounted flat onto the pool wall, hanging on a bracket and has a small halogen two-pin bulb inside. These bulbs are sold in ferreterias.
Before taking the light out of the pool, I always check with a multi meter whether the transformer is sending 12v current to the lamp. (Sometimes with two lights there are two transformers and one is defective).
Geoff.
geoffllo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby maryann » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:50 pm

Many thanks for your comments.
maryann

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa