Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Where can I buy a 5 gallon water bottle?

Where can I buy a 5 gallon water bottle?

Postby Shelles » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:44 am

Hi, we are new to Quesada and brought our water cooler (like the one they have in offices) with us but can’t find where to buy the water bottles.

I contacted Aquaservice but they only supply the bottles if you have a regular delivery i.e. they will deliver 2 every month on a contract, and you can’t just get a new bottle ad hoc. They also want to service the water cooler and disinfect it every time.

We lived in the Middle East for 37 years and water bottles can be delivered every day of the week, with an hour or so notice and cost just about €2. We would have about 4 full bottles and when we’d used 2 of them, we’d replace them.

How come it’s so difficult to find water bottles here?
Shelles

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Where can I buy a 5 gallon water bottle?

Postby Webbo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:01 pm

You can drink the tap water safely here.....or get a brita filter to remove any minerals you don’t like.
I don’t really think there’s any need to spend a fortune on plastic bottles that end up floating in the pacific to drink a product that comes out of our taps
Webbo

Postby Julie » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:56 am

Like you we also came from the Middle East and brought our cooler with us. We did bring a (one only) bottle, and just refill from bottled water, using Milton sterilising liquid to clean both bottle and cooler, unfortunately have yet to source where to buy from, and we’ve been looking for years. So I’d be very interested if you do find any .
Julie

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marquesas Quesada

Postby JohnES » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:59 pm

Most people buy their bottled drinking water from any supermarket in either 6 or 8 litre bottles. You then just keep the one you are using in the fridge. Simples !!!
JohnES

Postby Shelles » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:25 am

Julie- thanks for your post. We could easily have bought an empty bottle with us but didn’t know we couldn’t get them here at the time.

Webbo - we have been told the water isn’t safe to drink out of the taps because of the minerals therein. We don’t want to buy a Britta filter as we already have the cooler. We wouldn’t be buying lots of plastic water bottles to add to the Pacific waste, the large bottle we require is refillable. I’m not worried about what “most people” do here, I just wanted to buy one large bottle whitch is available to business premises but it seems, only on a contract. If anyone has an extra bottle in their office, I would gladly buy it from them and refill it with a funnel and bottle of water from Lidl.

JohnES - thank you for your useless reply. In actual fact I like room temperature water which I would get from the cooler, if only I could get a bottle to fit it. My husband likes Ice c Lad water, also from the cooler so we are both happ with it.
Shelles

Postby Benjy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:00 am

P. M. With pictures sent. Hope it helps.
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby PeteKnight » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:24 am

It’s certainly safe to drink the water here, you won’t come down with stomach problems if you do.
The water doesn’t taste or smell very nice as it comes out of the tap and it does contain lots of dissolved elements, which will produce a limescale deposit in your kettle etc.
Many people (including us) have a water filtration system fitted under the sink with an additional tap for the filtered water then use this to fill bottles that they put in the fridge. These systems cost around €100 and the filters need changing once a year on average which costs around €15.
Much cheaper than Brita filters and more effective too. We fill our kettle from the filtered water tap and the inside of the kettle looks like the day we bought it, as the filter removed all of the dissolved elements that cause the limescale.

Having said that, I understand the convenience of the water cooler and if you were able to find a bottle I’d reccomend filling it with filtered tap water rather than bottled water from the supermarket.

I have seen water coolers with bottles around, mostly at Car boot sales and auctions I think. I’m sure that if you found s business that had a water cooler for customers (I’m thinking car showroom maybe) then they either sell you an empty, or order an extra bottle to sell to you.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Shelles » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:29 pm

:text-thankyouyellow: :text-goodpost:
Shelles