Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Cancel bank account

Re: Cancel bank account

Postby TonTri » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:24 am

Yes we dont make regular payments either. We rent the apartment out in the summer months and the money from that goes into Sabadell whenever we get paid but it's not a fixed regular amount. All our DD's go out from this account, Water, Electric, Community fees, SUMA, Telfy etc.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby daz » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:03 am

look at Santander, 8eu a month, free debit card, free withdrawals, free transactions of most kinds, no other fees whatsoever (that ive been charged for yet anyway, or unless you ask for special add ons of course), I keep looking but ive not found a better one so far
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby garyizme » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:26 am

Received this from Sabadell, I have never overdrawn. Might have to swap accounts or banks

Regarding your email, we inform you that if you have a Relation account, there´s a maintenance fee of 30 euros, charged every three months. In addition, there's a transaction fee, of 65 cents for most transactions shown on your account. Also, if an overdraft ocurred over the last three months, there´s also an overdraft fee. So the amount you see is a combination of all or some of the fees mentioned before.
garyizme

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Park

Postby Jan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:54 am

garyizme wrote:Received this from Sabadell, I have never overdrawn. Might have to swap accounts or banks

Regarding your email, we inform you that if you have a Relation account, there´s a maintenance fee of 30 euros, charged every three months. In addition, there's a transaction fee, of 65 cents for most transactions shown on your account. Also, if an overdraft ocurred over the last three months, there´s also an overdraft fee. So the amount you see is a combination of all or some of the fees mentioned before.

Certainly appears that you need to swap your account. There are others to choose from that may suit you better. They will explain all the other accounts if you ask. When we asked about other accounts they gave us all the options and we realised ours was best for us but I would definitely not use an account that charges per transaction!
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Paulr » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:21 pm

garyizme wrote:Received this from Sabadell, I have never overdrawn. Might have to swap accounts or banks

Hi Gary,

Ask Sabadell if you can switch to their "Key Account" - this is what we were offered when we opened our non-residents account with them in 2016. Like Jan and the other posters, we used to pay Eu30 per month, but no transaction fees (we've now switched to their fee-free "Expansion Account", but this is for permanent residents who pay in a minimum of Eu700 per month).

Regards,
Paul
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby garyizme » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:26 pm

Jan wrote:

Certainly appears that you need to swap your account. There are others to choose from that may suit you better. They will explain all the other accounts if you ask. When we asked about other accounts they gave us all the options and we realised ours was best for us but I would definitely not use an account that charges per transaction!

Many thanks, I originally had an account with Llyods who were taken over by Sabadell. I never got a choice of accounts so will go and see them when I'm next over
garyizme

Postby garyizme » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:27 pm

Paulr wrote:

Hi Gary,

Ask Sabadell if you can switch to their "Key Account" - this is what we were offered when we opened our non-residents account with them in 2016. Like Jan and the other posters, we used to pay Eu30 per month, but no transaction fees (we've now switched to their fee-free "Expansion Account", but this is for permanent residents who pay in a minimum of Eu700 per month).

Regards,
Paul

:text-thankyouyellow:
garyizme

Re: Cancell bank account

Postby Niktam » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:11 pm

Niktam wrote:
scubydoo wrote:Depending on age Caixa bank are now offering a fee free account for non residents but I think you have to be over 60.

Interesting do you know if all account holders have to be over 60?

Any news on this as I can't see it on their website?
Thanks
Niktam

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Dark » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:01 pm

I cancelled mine last year with no problem, I just went in and they did it there and then.
Dark

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby mick.maher » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:36 am

Thanks for all your replies,I will have to visit theses banks on my return, seems I have opened up a debate on this subject.
mick.maher

Which part of Spain are you from?: Leicester England

Previous