Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Cancel bank account

Cancel bank account

Postby mick.maher » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:24 am

I am thinking of changing banks due to high costs as i only use for 3 direct debits,does anyone know if Sabadell charge any penalties for cancelling account.
mick.maher

Which part of Spain are you from?: Leicester England

Re: Cancell bank account

Postby kathyl » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:28 am

Best bet I would think was to go in and ask the question to them. Perhaps they could come up with a different sort of account for you, there is more than 1 sort of account available. The costs also depend on if you are resident or not, think all banks will be pretty much the same though. Good luck
kathyl

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby scubydoo » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:46 am

Depending on age Caixa bank are now offering a fee free account for non residents but I think you have to be over 60.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby sunworshipper » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:02 pm

We cancelled our Sabadell bank account with no penalties and opened a new one with Bankia. They arranged the transfers of all our direct debits . Make sure all your standing orders and direct debits have been transferred to your new bank before you close the old one.
Happy in the sun.
sunworshipper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby marcliff » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:07 pm

We closed one with Bankinter and one with Cam (as was). No penalties and each gave a printout of direct debits with reference numbers. Bankia transferred them all across to our account seamlessly.
Only thing we did was make sure our regular payment from UK was going into the new account before closing the old one.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Niktam » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:50 pm

scubydoo wrote:Depending on age Caixa bank are now offering a fee free account for non residents but I think you have to be over 60.

Interesting do you know if all account holders have to be over 60?
Niktam

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby garyizme » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:15 am

For my non resident account Sabadell charge me 30 euros per quarter maintenance plus 65 cents per transaction.(last year 180 euros in total) Is there any bank a lot cheaper or free for someone in their forties?
garyizme

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Park

Postby Jan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:23 am

garyizme wrote:For my non resident account Sabadell charge me 30 euros per quarter maintenance plus 65 cents per transaction.(last year 180 euros in total) Is there any bank a lot cheaper or free for someone in their forties?

We are non resident with sabadell and pay the maintenance but no transaction fees. That sounds strange. I would check that with them if I were you to find out why.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby TonTri » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:27 am

Jan wrote:
garyizme wrote:For my non resident account Sabadell charge me 30 euros per quarter maintenance plus 65 cents per transaction.(last year 180 euros in total) Is there any bank a lot cheaper or free for someone in their forties?

We are non resident with sabadell and pay the maintenance but no transaction fees. That sounds strange. I would check that with them if I were you to find out why.

We are the same as you Jan, non-residents with Sabadell and €30 a month fee but no transaction charges. They must have different types of accounts but no-one would choose one with transaction fees so why have them??
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:52 am

TonTri wrote:
Jan wrote:

We are the same as you Jan, non-residents with Sabadell and €30 a month fee but no transaction charges. They must have different types of accounts but no-one would choose one with transaction fees so why have them??

Yes I agree. It does seem odd.

Here's a copy all our fees for the year 2017/2018 ( We don't do any regular payments into the bank but I do know that these can cut down on the fees) :
bank.jpg

*The intra-bank transfer was a one-off payment to another Spanish bank account, so not part of normal fees.

I can't imagine any Spanish banks being that much different in fees for Non Residents. In fact some I looked at in the past were more expensive. No bank in Spain does actual 'free' banking like the UK, without opening special accounts with lump sums (like pay and pensions) per month paid in and being Non Resident that wasn't an option that we wanted to do.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Next