Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Cleaning Windows

Cleaning Windows

Postby cjrk » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:48 pm

I know this sounds a bit daft but can anybody tell me how I can clean my windows? We have grills on the windows that are shaped like sun rays and cleaning them is a time consuming job and it's a good way of skinning my knuckles. Thanks
cjrk

Re: Cleaning Windows

Postby Benjy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:50 pm

Same as mine. Don’t they open inwards? Mine do
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby marcliff » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:53 pm

If you have the sliding windows, like most places around here do, you can remove the window completely. Just lift the window up by holding onto both sides and it comes away from the bottom slide. Then pop the window out for cleaning. When replacing, put the top part on the slide first then lower the bottom bit into the bottom slide.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Jan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:56 pm

cjrk wrote:I know this sounds a bit daft but can anybody tell me how I can clean my windows? We have grills on the windows that are shaped like sun rays and cleaning them is a time consuming job and it's a good way of skinning my knuckles. Thanks

If they are the sliding type then they should be able to be taken out to clean. I know our neighbours do that regularly and my husband has taken ours out a few times to clean.

PS snap..lol...marcliff just beat me to it and he has said how to do it too.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby cjrk » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:19 pm

Thanks for your quick replies guys, ours are sliding windows so I'll take them out and I can also paint the grills as well. No more skinned knuckles that look like I've been hitting bricks. I knew I'd get an answer but I didn't think it would be that quick!
cjrk

Postby Benjy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:56 pm

Quick tip. Don’t struggle with a paint brush. Use a sponge dipped in paint and do all round the grill at same time. Easy Peasy. :D :D
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby cjrk » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:01 pm

It gets better and better, thanks for that tip Benjy.
cjrk

Postby jpeg » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:07 pm

Before you take out the window make sure you loosen the screw where the black plastic piece is at the top of the window panel then when you replace the window push up the plastic ans tighten the screw that keeps it firmly in the slides
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores