Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

changing from Dutch plates to Spanish

changing from Dutch plates to Spanish

Postby Sie H » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Hello All

Similar but not the same! rather than trying to import and change a UK registered car to Spanish plates, I have purchased a car in Holland so it was already LHD headlight pointing the right way etc .... can anyone offer any advice on the best way to start the re-registration process and/or recommended people offering the service?

Thanks
Sie H

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Re: changing from Dutch plates to Spanish

Postby Gasplumbman » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:06 pm

First thing to do is get the log book translated to Spanish which mine was done at Torreveijca itv station he's joined to that,you,lo need an appointment then get a itv,then the hard bit my solicitor did mine but there are several around she charged 120€ 4 years ago for her charges then depends on value of car and its emissions Suma etc my old 2002 1.9 scenic was in total 650 ish
Gasplumbman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela costa

Postby Sie H » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:22 am

Thanks Gasplumbman, have somewhere to start from. Only issue is as I see is won’t have a Dutch log book as getting it off a Dutch man here effectively still NL reg and don’t want to import to Uk and reexport to ES, so somehow will need to get registered here off the bill of sale or something. Where there’s a will there’s a way I’m sure!
Sie H

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby jpeg » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:00 pm

You will have big problems if you have no car registration documents from Holland,sounds like you may have bought a dodgy vehicle
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Rodt » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:13 pm

Bad news if you haven't got the vehicle log book, you might as scrap it, traffico won't touch it :( hope I'm wrong for your sake,good luck
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Postby ozzysteeve » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Rodt wrote:Bad news if you haven't got the vehicle log book, you might as scrap it, traffico won't touch it :( hope I'm wrong for your sake,good luck

Hi, do you mean the V5c paperwork when you say Log book. Any info appreciated.

Regards
ozzysteeve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby camionpilot » Fri May 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Talk to Marcelo on 609 600 993 , he has more knowledge of the Spanish system than most of the other chancers put together , if he cant do it [ which I doubt ] no one can .
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada