Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Electric outage

Electric outage

Postby kevbishop2000 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:04 pm

My electric has tripped this evening but the fuse box is showing all ok. Cant get any electric to the house. Any ideas for help. Dona pepa. Thanks Kev
kevbishop2000

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: Electric outage

Postby Terry the gardener » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:16 pm

If you have a smart meter I think you have to reset it at the meter .they are more sensitive than the old meters .I think someone on here has given a more detailed answer on this before ...
Terry the gardener

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby GRSmith » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:50 am

Had the same issue a while back. Although the fuse box doesn’t show as having tripped, I pushed the trip switch down and back up again and electricity supply was restored to my house.
GRSmith

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Park

Postby brandyboy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:24 am

Yes, that often works. If not go out to your meter it will have a red light flashing. Press the reset button the light will go green and Bob's your uncle, you will have light.
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Altos » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi Kev,
This is what was on a previous forum,

I've just found this on the internet, which may help others:-

HAVING TOO many powerful electrical appliances switched on the same time can cause nuisance power cuts in properties fitted with Smart Meters.
In the past, many properties on the Costa Blanca with low potencia tariffs have suffered with this nuisance electrical problem. Over the years, some home owners arranged illegal upgrades to combat the situation. Now, with the introduction of new Smart Meters by Iberdrola this fraudulent malpractice is no longer possible.
Smart Meters have an in-built kill switch (commonly referred to as an ICP or Power Control Switch) which automatically cuts off the electricity supply if the power consumption exceeds the contracted supply maximum (this maximum amount is stated in kilowatts (kW) on your electricity bill or supply contract).

Here is what you should do to restore the electricity supply:-
Firstly, reduce the power consumption by switching off some of the appliances in order to allow the ICP to reset.
Next, there is one of two ways to restore the electricity depending on what type of Smart Meter you have:
Method 1 (most common)– Go to the consumer unit in your house
and switch off (down) the main isolator for 10 seconds. Then switch it back on (up). The electricity should be restored.
Method 2 – Go to the meter cupboard
Some Smart Meters are fitted with an ICP reset button. Access the electricity meter cupboard and press the button on your Smart Meter. The electricity should be restored.
Using either method, if the power is not restored, a secondary problem exists.
To avoid repeated nuisance power cuts caused by you overloading the maximum power you are contracted to draw at any one moment, it will necessary to upgrade the electricity supply.

Hope this helps.
Regards Altos
Altos

Which part of Spain are you from?: ave Airoporto

Postby kevbishop2000 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:35 pm

I would like to say a big thank you for your replies. It was the smart meter which had tripped. Lucky enough the Gardner had a key to open and re-set. Otherwise I was struggling as it was the same day as my flight home. Once again Muchas Gracias :)
kevbishop2000

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa