Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Communal pools and kids

Re: Communal pools and kids

Postby TerryG » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:06 am

We`ve all turned a blind eye sometimes in the name of `common sense`, but I find that the vast majority of people respect a President who`s fair and impartial all the time and not one who bend`s the rules when it suits him.

That way everybody knows where they stand.
TerryG

Postby Scipio » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:29 am

Couldn't agree more.
We have no debtors,a healthy bank balance and an urb where people are kind and considerate.
Any problems are dealt with quickly and not left to fester.
We all look out for each other , which may be why we have no crime to speak of.
Dodge City ???
Hardly !
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Uncle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:11 am

Reading some of these comments I get the impression that the little bit of power that the community president has goes to there heads now and again thankfully I've got my own pool.
Uncle

Postby GLASSMAN » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:45 am

YOUR VERY LUCKY!our communal pool only opens to suit the local Spanish people, from mid may till end of September, :(
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Spiritsmum » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:40 pm

:text-goodpost:
TonTri wrote:The problem probably isnt with young kids but more likely to be with older teens and young 20's IMO. I doubt they would take much notice of younger children around them.

And as most community pools don't have a lifeguard it needs to have rules that covers everyone, even ones like ours in a small community and is rarely crowded.
Spiritsmum

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby polop » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:01 pm

On our community the only problem we have is with a older owner who likes to read his book whilst on a lilo in the pool and then complains if he gets splashed..so not just children or teens
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby TerryG » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:07 pm

:D
polop wrote:On our community the only problem we have is with a older owner who likes to read his book whilst on a lilo in the pool and then complains if he gets splashed..so not just children or teens

Haha. A few years ago we had an Irish family renting a property and the 'no ball games whatsoever' rule raised it's ugly head. Two kids from the family where playing with a ball in the pool whilst mum was sunbathing.

Yes, I admit that there was nobody else in the pool at the time but there were other families on holiday and I knew that at any minute there would be other children in the pool, so I decided to nip it in the bud.

I told politely drew her attention to the ' no ball games whatsover ' rule which was on the notice board conveniently sitiuated next to her sunbed !!! There's no point in repeating what followed suffice to say that I got a phone call from the owner pleading with me to just relax the rule this one time as it was her sister.

So I did a Scipio ;) and used some ' common sense' and said okay just this once. Within half an hour she was ringing my doorbell asking me to call a doctor because one of her kids had kicked the ball into her face and smashed her sunglasses. Thanfullly all she had was few cuts on her Gaelic face which my wife patched up. Peotic justice . By this time,the pool was full of fun loving, screaming, weeing and farting little urchins. No lilos and no balls. :D

So I say, I don't care if the ball is the size of marble or giant beachball. No balls ......whatsoever. :D
TerryG

Postby Sillysocks » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:10 pm

Marcliff
Rules made by the community are not legal binding they are made by the community but if you do not want to abide by them no one can make you
Sillysocks

Which part of Spain are you from?: WORCESTER

Postby Scipio » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:29 pm

At the bottom of our house and pool rules is the magic line.
" All rules are at the discretion of the president."
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Reginaldo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Why can't people and their children just behave??

I blame parents and Teachers...my parents were great, as were my teachers..and You would not believe how well behaved I am.....
Reginaldo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Florida

PreviousNext