Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Moving to Quesada

Moving to Quesada

Postby Karen67 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi. Looking to move to Quesada. Had a scouting trip last weekend. Would like some advice on the best area to look for a 3 bed villa/townhouse. We’re advised that the open areas are due to be built on eventually, so trying to avoid.
Karen67

Re: Moving to Quesada

Postby Pkpk » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:22 pm

That's a hard question to answer , as everyone likes different things , I would just bear in mind how near you want to be to a shop or a bar and restaurant, even a medical centre , do you want to be able to walk into the Main Street? Do you want Views ? Every area has good and bad points and I think it would be unfair to say one area is better than another , if I were you I would visit a few times, find out what areas have what facilities that suit you , I love the whole of Quesada,and when I'm driving around I think oh it would be nice to live in this part of town , we are in Dona pepa and are very happy , but it really depends what you like doing ,visit a few times ,ask people while you are in an area ,we found everyone to be really helpful and pleasant , I don't think you will regret any area if you decide to buy
Pkpk

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Audbro » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:29 pm

:text-goodpost:
Audbro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Red Rock » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:32 pm

yes good post Pk
Karen you really have to come back & get out & about and cover all of Quesada.
We have been up as far as Harry's Bar all round the Country Club, Airport Road, Dona Pepa, Lo Pepin & Lo Crispin. Each area has its highs & lows. I do note that 9/10 of the big villas between JRs and (say) Barceló have Norwegian nameplates outside (Ecklund, Torsten, Nord etc). I like the mix of nationalities in Quesada.
Red Rock

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Calledali » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:46 pm

A good choice of area, a lovely place to live or for holidays. Did you by any chance have lunch at REDZ on Saturday?
If you want easy walking distance to shops &a bars/restaurants then you need to be somewhere near to town centre or Dona Pepa. If you want somewhere quieter you need to look more up the hill in areas such as La Fiesta. Still within walking distance of town (25 mins),but a long uphill haul on the way back. One of the big benefits of being at the top of town is the lovely breeze in summertime. This makes the climate very pleasant indeed.
Good luck with your search, pick your area carefully, rent and try before you buy, and maybe try several areas go see which suits best. Wherever you choose I am sure you will enjoy the diverse community. It really is a lovely place to be
Calledali

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby TonTri » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:21 pm

My advice is to get in touch with some of the local estate agents and take a look at some of the properties available. We did a couple of scouting trips and decided on Quesada as we loved the diversity. We had a list of things that were essential in a property such as close to shops/bars, 2 bathrooms etc, and a list of things we desired.

We weren't actually planning to buy but to see what we could get for our money and were taken around some properties by a couple of estate agents. We particularly liked Dona Pepa.

However when we walked into the apartment we've bought we both fell in love with it, the spaciousness, the area, the view! Needless to say it only had 1 thing on our essentials list and that was a garden and it was in the upper golf area which we hadn't even contemplated. We are both so happy we bought it and have found it easy to drive down to La Marquesa or the top of Dona Pepa.

The moral, I suppose, is it doesnt really matter which area, there are lovely streets in all of Quesada, it's whether the property (and community) feels right for you.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Karen67 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:07 pm

:text-thankyouyellow: A big Thank You all for your invaluable advice. We did have a good walk and drive around to get a feel for the area. Nice meal in Spice Hut, a few drinks in The Old Don Carlos. We will be moving out mid Sept- early Oct, but wish we were there now. Thanks again to you all :D
Karen67

Postby GrahamR » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Don't be put off by building works. This means things are on the 'up'. It is when there is no building that one starts to worry.
When we bought our house, we spent several days over two visits, checking out every type of property we could afford in every part of the area. We used two estate agents in different areas. Eventually, we bought a type of property we had not even considered and we are glad we did.
Our requirements were:
To have park land over the other side of the road, because we previously lived in a cul de sac where the house in front was very close
Plenty of parking
Nice pool or communal pool
Although we wanted a holiday home, it had to be somewhere where we could live comfortably indefinitely.
Within 7-8 minute walk of shops, supermarkets, bars and restaurants, so that if my wife came with friends, they could take a cab from the airport and spend a few days without needing transport.
GrahamR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Karen67 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:17 pm

:text-thankyouyellow:
Karen67