Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Smart tv and vpn now with update

Re: Smart tv and vpn

Postby Potjoe » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:30 pm

hi,who is that for 12E per year and How good are they please.
Potjoe

Which part of Spain are you from?: Sucina spain

Postby colint » Tue May 01, 2018 9:17 pm

PM sent
colint

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Potjoe » Tue May 01, 2018 10:24 pm

Thanks will try it out and let you know how we go on. Thanks
Potjoe

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Wed May 02, 2018 10:14 am

€12 a year for a VPN is a great price - just check it doesn't drag speed too much - test when on and off.

Paul
www.televisiontechnology.eu
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Postby Mike1999 » Thu May 03, 2018 6:21 am

For a VPN you may want to look at 'UKTV Access'. I have used it for many years and in several countries to get a dedicated UK IP address. As the name suggests it will then give you access to all live UK TV and the likes of iPlayer. I also have Now TV using this and don't have any issues. There are several packages to select from and also they do not automatically renew so you wouldn't accidentally run over into another package (say 1 year) without specifically making the payment.
Mike1999

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Finca

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Fri May 04, 2018 11:37 am

I'm a little perplexed as to why anyone would bother with now TV - having tested both the Spanish version and UK version - which is a little better, it seems quite expensive for a very limited selection of channels and some very average video on demand content. The passes for football or day passes, if you want to want one odd game make make some sense, but as an ongoing package, it is pretty weak - less on demand than Netflix, paltry amount of channels, weak VOD level of content.

I think this is nothing but a ruse for Sky to take more money off you, for what would seem to be quite a limited service. Perhaps just me, but when I compare this to a number of other systems and services out there - it doesn't seem to stack up well at all, I said that a year ago & recently after reviewing again, I remain unconvinced.

Nowhere near enough live channels, not enough VOD, expensive passes (if you use on a regular basis). If you want official Sky, get a card / box / dish and have everything, with a low end package. I think by the time you start adding in the premium content, the Now TV looks pretty shaky value money wise. Both our Now TV boxes Spanish & English are gathering dust - i've even given the boxes to old customers to evaluate & they've come back a couple of weeks later with a 'why bother' type of response. Horses for courses, but in the mix of what's currently available, IMO money better spent elsewhere for expats.

Paul
www.televisiontechnology.eu
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Postby Mike1999 » Mon May 07, 2018 6:51 am

Paul - TV Techie wrote:I'm a little perplexed as to why anyone would bother with now TV - having tested both the Spanish version and UK version - which is a little better, it seems quite expensive for a very limited selection of channels and some very average video on demand content. The passes for football or day passes, if you want to want one odd game make make some sense, but as an ongoing package, it is pretty weak - less on demand than Netflix, paltry amount of channels, weak VOD level of content.

I think this is nothing but a ruse for Sky to take more money off you, for what would seem to be quite a limited service. Perhaps just me, but when I compare this to a number of other systems and services out there - it doesn't seem to stack up well at all, I said that a year ago & recently after reviewing again, I remain unconvinced.

Nowhere near enough live channels, not enough VOD, expensive passes (if you use on a regular basis). If you want official Sky, get a card / box / dish and have everything, with a low end package. I think by the time you start adding in the premium content, the Now TV looks pretty shaky value money wise. Both our Now TV boxes Spanish & English are gathering dust - i've even given the boxes to old customers to evaluate & they've come back a couple of weeks later with a 'why bother' type of response. Horses for courses, but in the mix of what's currently available, IMO money better spent elsewhere for expats.

Paul
http://www.televisiontechnology.eu

Unfortunately for me (not yet in Spain) it's the only way I can get live sport coverage at the moment but was lucky to just watch Tour de Yorkshire on ITV4 via my VPN. BTW, great to read your techie advice.
Mike1999

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Finca

Postby Potjoe » Sun May 20, 2018 6:40 pm

UP Date UP Date: As we have a 4K smart TV and fibre internet have been playing around with apps and to my joy I have found an app for TV and at very little cost Plus with NO VPN will up date in a few days.Oh also as 7 day catch up.
Potjoe

Previous