Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Estate Agents fees

Re: Estate Agents fees

Postby Shiva » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:12 am

Gosh this is a depressing thread for buyers and sellers alike. Have been talking to a number of different estate agents recently as we are thinking of buying a bigger house and they all seemed nice enough to me ( though I side stepped one for a variety of reasons. ) But the other 4 I have dealt with so far on viewings etc have been perfectly helpful . And I had no problem with the agent ( a different one again ) when I bought our current house.
Surely at least some of the agents are ok and just trying to make a living... ? Anyone on this site who works as an agent care to comment? Though I really really would like the lowdown on this 'same property at different prices on different sites' thing. Have seen a couple like that, with wildly different prices which is bemusing. Surely it will all boil down to what the seller will take ? And the seller can see the advertised prices just like everyone else so can hardly be unaware of the different approaches by agents. Anyway will be getting every step ( deposit et al ) ok-d by my solicitor as I progress.... And actually might just put our own property up for sale on this site in due course ...
Shiva

Postby GLASSMAN » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:35 am

Janjan wrote:We didn't find out until we went to the Notary together that the Buyers had paid 10000 Euros more than we got for the Property. This was in 2004 so it's been going on a long time. Also when we bought our next place we had to pay some in cash which didn't go down too well as my Husband had been in Banking since he was 17. It's very easy to be nieve when buying in Spain because it's all so different to the UK.

you don't have to pay any cash ! just don't buy the property they will soon change there mind rather than lose a sale,did your own solicitor not advise you?as what the cash was for or to whom it went?
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Janjan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:10 am

I think it was called Black Money in those days and was quite commonplace. Furniture shops wanted cash not Cards. Garages also wanted cash for new cars. Had to pick up the 9000euros in an envelope from BBVA. A lot has changed in 20 years. Living in Spain is definitely a learning curve. You have to learn to go with the flow.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby GLASSMAN » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:19 am

I,m talking around 20years ago, I went off advice from my solicitor pay no cash,always go with the flow if its flowing your way, :)
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby DTR » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:42 am

Poor estate agents, again getting hammered. No one has a gun to your head forcing you to pay cash. If you do decide to pay in cash at least ask who gets it and why. I feel sorry for the agents because with all the slagging off they get they did in the end either sell your property or find you the property you wanted.
DTR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:17 pm

DTR wrote:Poor estate agents, again getting hammered. No one has a gun to your head forcing you to pay cash. If you do decide to pay in cash at least ask who gets it and why. I feel sorry for the agents because with all the slagging off they get they did in the end either sell your property or find you the property you wanted.

:text-goodpost:

Time to lock this topic.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Previous