Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

My thread on Estate Agents Fees

Re: My thread on Estate Agents Fees

Postby mondo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:13 pm

Maybe I am a one-off.

We bought through QSD, a nice chap called Andrew. He went out of his way to help us, he ran us around the area as far as Torrevieja, he helped with the sale all he could... then, a few days after the sale was ended, the keys handed over and all was completed he came to our "new" house and gave us some wine and chocs... he was a star.

Not all agents are bad...

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby MikeB » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:21 pm

Nobody is forced to use any business. There are people continuously whining about Estate Agents, Utility prices, Restaurant prices. Airline Tickets ect. Now anyone in business owes it to themselves to maximise their profit, the secret is making sure your client leaves happy. So you have a choice. By the way I suppose all the moaners out there worked or work for nothing.
MikeB

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Shiva » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:50 pm

Just to throw something else into the mix and really in relation to the OP comments about fixed fees. Some estate agents in the UK do business on a fixed fee basis, this is not unique to Spain, presumably reflects prevailing economic conditions. EG in our part of Scotland where house prices are really pretty modest, the majority of the local Estate Agents work on fixed fee. Currently selling a rental apartment and overall the fixed fee is likely to represent c. 2% of the sale price. Might be a bit less, might be a bit more.Still costing a lot less than fees here, but different market..
Shiva

Postby maria elena » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:59 pm

I agree with you SCOTT, and I’d also like to say thank to JAN for all her hard work in keeping this Forum friendly as well as very useful.
maria elena

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby daz » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:12 pm

thanks for letting it run, it is a subject that affects us all especially if we have been on the receiving end of anything dodgy. its not just about the set fees and what is agreed above board, it is about underhand payments, being told a separate payment needs making, only to find out way too late that there is no documentation for it. although it changes nothing, it is slightly reassuring that it is not just one or two of us that have been hoodwinked, it seems quite common. so I guess what I am saying despite all my due diligence, it was almost inevitable that i would lose several thousands i wasn't expecting to lose. simplest advice from my personal experience is only use a lawyer and not a solicitor, and only part with any money through your 'lawyer'. good luck to everyone.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Previous