Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Satellite Dish

Satellite Dish

Postby Greigh1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi All,
New to this however just wanted to ask for some advice.
Moved to Quesada in November and arranged to have new satellite dish installed.
When I returned in January, system told me that I was not receiving a signal. Called out company that installed it to be told that the dish had been realigned by the wind. Paid 40 Euro to have realigned. I have just returned to find same thing again! Contacted company only to be told that problem may be caused by heavy winds in March and would need to pay 50 Euro to have engineer out to realign.
Has anyone else had similar problems and if so how can I fix this long term?
Any advice much appreciated.
Greigh1

Re: Satellite Dish

Postby Red Rock » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:04 pm

my signal has deteriorated
ITV1 often says no signal and the later channels all suffer severe pixelation
the stupid thing is if I change from Ch3 to Ch71 I get a midlands/northern ITV and it is a stronger signal
Red Rock

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Mac3blade » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:09 am

We had this problem a couple of years ago because of the winds. I contacted a tv firm advertised here and they sent a young man out who secured the pole to such a degree that it has not budged a centimetre .
I would be furious with the company you are dealing with. Do you have a contract with them? Surely,they cannot expect you to keep paying for an inept worker to realign your tv Ariel ? I would buy a sky box or some other box and get another company out to secure the dish and tell them to go and get lost. They must be mad expecting you to continue paying for shoddy workmanship. Set it sorted and get rid!
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Baldy dave » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:14 am

I have the same problem until i discovered when all other stations were down some of the religious ones remained . Took this to mean that its nothing to do with disk or reciver but sat companies playing and this past month its been up and down all the time mostly itv stations work and bbc ones dont actually havent had channel 5 since last easter ... however this morning they are all working even ch 5 so i advise check all channels and even get sig strength bars up you will find its not your system its sky playing with the coverage probably with the intention of eventually cutting us off completely.
Baldy dave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby costalad » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:57 am

Use a 1.9mt dish if not already then you should have no more problems. Some are using 1.4 which is usally just about ok and some are trying to get a good signal with a 1mt which often will present ongoing problems.
costalad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Albatera

Postby elkenich » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:43 pm

The wind is not a problem if the dish has been properly installed. Why not go out there with a spanner and check for yourself?

Richard
elkenich

Which part of Spain are you from?: crevillent

Postby GrahamR » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:17 pm

We just got Television Technology to sort ours out, as it seems ours was affected between November when we were last out and this April. Our 1.4 dish is one the roof and I do not have a head for heights so cannot check it, but a previous engineer told me it was quite difficult to get a secure fixing on our roof.
We have had to get an engineer out twice in 5 years. 50 Euros is not cheap, but in the UK I think we would pay a lot more to get someone out fairly quickly.
GrahamR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby manxmunk » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:05 pm

Don'tknow who originally fitted your satellite dish, but I used a firm called Go Satellite in Quesada. Did a great job on installation, and in the 3 years I've had it, never had a problem with it. PS I live on La Marina Urb.
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby jolodoyle » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:48 am

Funnily enough we had a similar problem soon after Go Satélite installed ours, and they wanted €50 at that time to realign, even though it was in their ‘guarantee period’. We talked to several o5ers and found a company who quickly came out, took a lot of trouble to correct it, and charged us €40, and said if we ever had a problem they would realign for free. Since then, 4 years ago, we have never had a problem with our 1.4 metre dish. So make of this what you will !!!
jolodoyle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Donna Peppa

Postby Dinkelharper » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:43 pm

This has happened to me too in the past. At that time I checked firstly if there was any bolts that could be tightened any further. When you find a bolt that is like that then you'll know if the needed alignment is either up or down versus left or right. Then loosen a little more so that you can move it like a mm or two until you find the signal. Requires of course a minimum of two people and probably a little bit of shouting back and forth. Easiest way to do without equipment and at a zero cost.
Dinkelharper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Elche